The End of Groovy Has Arrived

Has anyone experienced the automatic migration of devices from groovy to edge yet? I check every day to see if my devices are already migrated.

2 Likes

This is brilliant! I love thinking outside the ā€œSmartthingsā€ box.

1 Like

I started seeing some yes. It seems so far mostly leak sensors and a water valve. And randomly one z-wave motion sensor and one zigbee plug. That was a couple days ago and donā€™t think anything else since. Not sure what the actual process is.

1 Like

What happens if you delete a driver that is in use?

Will a warning appear? I donā€™t really want to test.

It doesnā€™t allow you to delete if it is in use.

1 Like

You can unsubscribe from a developerā€™s channel with their Driver still installed. Doing so will prevent any Driver updates being pushed to your hub.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen anything migrate on its own. Oct 15th was 7 days ago. Dec 31st is 2+ months away. Guess itā€™ll happen sometime between now and then. Would be nice to have a narrower migration time line as things will be need to fixed and adjusted as they get migrated Iā€™m sure. Some more frustrations from another ST user but thatā€™s to be expected at this point.

2 Likes

Yes. A few SmarrThings motion sensors.

Agreed. Iā€™ve had nothing migrated yet. A few I onboarded within the past month or so show placeholder, but nothing moved. My concern is what wonā€™t migrate, Iā€™d like to have some time to address before the plug gets pulled.

Same. Nothing migrated and I havenā€™t installed anything in 3 or 4 months. Hub is V2, 45.9 firmware, no beta, no community drivers, all cleaned up and waitingā€¦

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. I saw one thing that migrated several weeks ago (before the supposed date), but nothing since then.

After the migrations of Groovy device DTHs, what the third-party equipment needs to do, and how to do?

During the migrations of Groovy device DTHs, What the third-party equipment needs to do

Wanted to ask a question that was asked by someone above: Is there a ball-park consensus among the community on how many devices/drivers one can install before hitting the new memory wall? I just factory reset my v3 hub due to it being full and rebooting randomly. Now Iā€™m getting the ā€œalmost fullā€ message and Iā€™m at 90/15. Also Iā€™m curious if custom edge drivers like virtual device creators eat up more memory. One can wish that thereā€™s some sort of ā€œmemory managerā€ in our future.

I have 54 devices listed (includes phones) and 30 Edge drivers installed.

No memory issues yet.

1 Like

Is the any instruction or if someone can help with it. how to migrate DTH to edge? I used for for long time, gouldner ā€œRG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener - V2ā€ and i really dont like how working existing one Z-WAVE GARAGE DOOR OPENER (and stock one not been migrated to edge yet).
Thank you

Just recā€™d my first two Edge drivers (what a mess).

I noticed my two GE Link deck lights stopped working. Checked the IDE and saw ā€œPlaceholderā€ in the driver column. Deleted the devices using the ST Appā€¦ reset the devicesā€¦ and did a scan for new devices in the Appā€¦ NOTHING. Repeated all of the above and still nothing.

Checked the IDE again and devices were still listed, and ā€œOnlineā€. Deleted the devices from the IDE, then did another scan from the app and they were found and connected and are now functional.

Glad the ID still exists as I would have been screwed without it.

Does that mean devices that were automatically migrated rather than being removed / re-added by you? I just looked over my list and nothingā€™s changed so far that I havenā€™t changed myself.

Yes. But it seems that migration broke their operation, and prevented me from successfully deleting the devices from the ST app. In order to re-pair them to the hub I needed to use the IDE to delete them.

Just curious did they reconnect and function on a new edge driver? Or did they fall back to their original DTH.