Temperature sensor that works with SmartThings

My sensor is eWeLink model :TH01 and device label when paired with my driver Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc is Temp Humidity Sensor

- id: "eWeLink/TH01"
    deviceLabel: Temp Humidity Sensor
    manufacturer: eWeLink
    model: TH01
    deviceProfileName: temp-humid-battery

I think you sensor is paired with stock driver zigbee-humidity-sensor

- id: eWeLink/TH01
    deviceLabel: eWeLink Multipurpose Sensor
    manufacturer: eWeLink
    model: TH01
    deviceProfileName: humidity-temp-battery

You can install my driver Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc in your hub and perform a driver change.

With my driver you can perform custom configuration reports in preferences.

On the other hand, to see if they have an error with respect to another sensor, you must let it stabilize and close to the other sensor.

They are very sensitive and as soon as you touch it with your hand the temperature starts to rise and it takes a while to stabilize again.

1 Like

Thanks will give your driver a go, I just put the sensor in the fridge, humidy instantly dropped to 46%, taking it out of the fridge it went up to 54% then 58%. within a minute and is staying there, this is still more humid than I expected all though to be honest i’ve never measured humidity before in my house properly.

reading online above 40% to 50% is suppose to good, anything over and it’s too moist, anything lower it’s too dry.

But what concerns me is that the temperature didn’t even drop when I put it in the fridge!,after taking it out of the fridge minutes later ,it reported 20.8c, so 1 degree difference, it was 21.8c in the fridge!

Have you got a link to your driver channel I can try.

https://account.smartthings.com/?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.smartthings.com%2Finvitation-web%2Faccept%3Fid%3D6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

Thank you I will give them a try and let you know what happens.

There are getting to be more and more sensors that don’t require a ST/Aeotec hub, but some might only update every 4 hours or even every 8 in order to save battery life. (Even the best power conserving WiFi uses a lot more power than zwave, zigbee, or thread.)

Shelly has a plug in temperature and humidity sensor that uses WiFi, doesn’t require a hub or bridge, and is what I would recommend as the first candidate for a hubfree configuration in either the US or the EU/UK right now. There may be more once matter is released.

Shelly actually has two models. The one I like, is the H&T plus, which can be plugged in and has a visible display. If you use it plugged in, you can get frequent reports.

https://www.shelly.cloud/en-us/products/product-overview/shelly-plus-h-t-1

They also have an older battery only model just called the H&T, but the reviews on it have not been as good. And it doesn’t have a visual display. If you get it from someplace with a good return policy, and you don’t need frequent updates, you could try it and see if it works for your use cases.

US:

Uk:

But personally I think the plus model is worth the higher cost. :thinking:

Check with Shelly to make sure the one you want works with the official smartthings integration, a number of their other devices do. If it does, that’s the quickest and easiest choice without a hub.

@HalD

1 Like

I finally got a response from sonoff support :slight_smile:

Dear Dominic,

The SNZB-02 cannot be used in new edge driver platform of Smartthings.

​

The reporting interval of the Humidity senor can not be changed.

​

If the SNZB-02 is working with our ZB bridge, the logging/reporting interval of the measurements would be: when 0.5 degree changes, the temperature would update; and when the humidity 3% changes, the humidity would update. The fastest is once in 10 seconds.

The stock drivers suddenly started working yesterday. Had to tweak the offsets but looks like its working and reporting temperature changes as well.

I haven’t tried your driver yet but thanks for posting might check them out later if problems occur.

1 Like

Hi @Dominic_Leelodharry

I can assure you that with my driver I can make it report with changes of 0.1°c and humidity of 1%

These are today’s events
Humidity is very stable where it is installed and reports only changes.

3 Likes

Hi
I have SONOFF, Aqara and Aeotec temp sensor. Same problem with all of them. I change settings to update more often but then i does’nt do it anyway. I used your driver on SONOFF sensor and change settings a couple of days ago but nothing really changes. It updates temp Every two hours even though I set it to five minutes.
What could be the problem?

The problem is often that devices with battery power often sleep between reporting intervals and the configuration change is not executed on the device.

• You must also take into account:
    • If the temperature does not change, no event will be sent.
      That is, if you see that an event is sent in two hours, but the change has been 0.1Âș, then that is correct.

this is sonoff configured with Reportable change = 0.1Âș and Max interval Report = 5 minutes

• If you want to ensure that you are informed of any temperature change, you have to set the Reportable Change to 0.1Âș or whatever you want.
    This will report any temperature change >= 0.1ÂșC regardless of whether the maximum interval is met.
  • Not all manufacturers support report changes to protect battery consumption. Aquara is one of the most troublesome with reporting changes.
  • In preferences the configuration is only updated if there is a change in value, for example if the value is 0.1Âș and you want to reconfigure it to 0.1Âș you have to change to 0.2Âș, for example, and save. Then you switch back to 0.1Âș and save.
  • The way to see if the configuration has been accepted by the device is with the CLI logs. In the logs you can see the sending of the configuration values and the response of the device must be Success.

This example send a change to 0.4Âș (40) reportable change and Report interval 10 minutes (0x258)

2022-12-06T10:55:28.553480904+00:00 INFO Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc <ZigbeeDevice: eb7c780e-e667-46ab-ba47-ea81341df249 [0xC5D4] (Environment Sensor)> sending Zigbee message: < ZigbeeMessageTx || Uint16: 0x0000, < AddressHeader || src_addr: 0x0000, src_endpoint: 0x01, dest_addr: 0xC5D4, dest_endpoint: 0x08, profile: 0x0104, cluster: TemperatureMeasurement >, < ZCLMessageBody || < ZCLHeader || frame_ctrl: 0x00, seqno: 0x00, ZCLCommandId: 0x06 >, < ConfigureReporting || < AttributeReportingConfiguration || direction: 0x00, attr_id: 0x0000, DataType: Int16, minimum_reporting_interval: 0x003C, maximum_reporting_interval: 0x0258, reportable_change: 40 > > > >

This is the device response SUCCESS

2022-12-06T10:55:28.893979571+00:00 INFO Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc <ZigbeeDevice: eb7c780e-e667-46ab-ba47-ea81341df249 [0xC5D4] (Environment Sensor)> received Zigbee message: <
ZigbeeMessageRx || type: 0x00, < AddressHeader || src_addr: 0xC5D4, src_endpoint: 0x08, dest_addr: 0x0000, dest_endpoint: 0x01, profile: 0x0104, cluster: TemperatureMeasurement >, lqi: 0xB8, rssi: -93, body_length: 0x0004, < ZCLMessageBody || < ZCLHeader || frame_ctrl: 0x18, seqno: 0x00, ZCLCommandId: 0x07 >, < ConfigureReportingResponse || ZclStatus: SUCCESS > > >

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info.
This is how i looks.
Where can I find CLI logs?

@Heme67

This is a tutorial to install CLI in a windows PC.

When it works, change the preference in App and can see the logs in CLI window

1 Like

Thanks I will try this :+1:

1 Like

So I tried this now.

A lot off stuff going on in the log and I can see Zigbee Sending Message with the value of the parameters I changed.

Unfortunately no response on the Success from the device.
I left the CLI on and it there is activities quite often, at least every 10 minutes but when i check history on smartthings it is as before. Every two hours.

Dont really know what to do now. A little wierd that the problem is the same on my other temperature sensor as well.

My brain is now on fire and I need to sleep :sleeping:

Hi @Heme67

I imagine your frustration!

Tomorrow, when you have rested, you can do the following:

• leave the CLI ready with the driver logcat.
  • uninstall the Sonoff sensor from the App
  • Put the device in pairing mode.
  • Reinstall it with the option to search nearby.
  • The entire installation and configuration sequence will appear in the logcat and by default it will send the configuration 0.1° and 5 minutes of reports.
  • In this pairing process the devices usually accept them more easily.

If you want to send me the logs, I will gladly analyze them in case I see something strange.

Take a rest!

God morning,

So I removed it from the app and then added it again as you sugested.
It works more correct now. For every 0.1 degrees change it reports directly. This is great and just what I want.
The timer does’nt seem to work though. It does’nt report after 5 min when temperature does’nt change.
This is no problem for me.

Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it :+1:

Hi @Heme67

This is correct.
If no has a temperature change no send event to App.
in CLI You can see the device temperature report every 5 minutes, but no send to app if temperature is same to previous.

if not messages are received in several intervals of temperature, humidity or battery configuration then is marked as Offline

Aha! I learned something new there :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks again

1 Like

@Heme67

Surely, if you click on the temperature graph of the app, then you will see the information every 5 minutes, even if it is the same

1 Like

Did you or others struggle to change the reporting frequency using your driver? I can’t get the settings to stick in all of mine. Not sure if it has something to do with the device going through repeaters, if it just takes time for the hub to send settings, or something else.

Also how do the settings actually work in your driver for this device? Suppose I set the time interval to 10 minutes and the temperature reportable change to 1. Does that mean the sooner of every 10 minutes and a 1 degree change it will send a temperature report?

Thanks!