Tasker to control modes?

I’d love to use the Tasker app on my smartphone to control the modes for my Smartthings, not just certain switches. Here’s the scenario. I want to create a shortcut on my home screen for “Night” mode that turns the thermostat down, verifies the front door is locked, and that the lights and Sonos system are off. I can do the Sonos and lights via switches, but not the front door lock and thermostat.

Anyone know of a way to trigger a mode via Tasker?

I haven’t done the thermostat, but i have a task that switches off numerous switches and locks the door all with one action.

You can trigger a Hello Home action using a REST Endpoint.

Here’s a tutorial on Tasker and ST:

As for the endpoint that incorporates the phrases, look at Ubi - prod SmartApp under the My Apps category.

The code you’d need to add is:

path("/phrases") {
	action: [
		GET: "listPhrases"
	]
}
path("/phrases/:phraseName") {
	action: [
		GET: "executePhrase",
	]
}
def listPhrases() {
    location.helloHome.getPhrases().label
}

def executePhrase() {
	def phraseName = params.phraseName
	if (phraseName)
	{
		location.helloHome.execute(phraseName)
		log.debug "executed phrase: $phraseName"
	}
	else
	{
		httpError(404, "Phrase not found")
	}
}
1 Like

It’s pretty easy to do.

If you follow the instructions found here

Once you get to step 7, you can use those URLs and send HTTP get requests using tasker and it will send the corresponding command

OK, now I know a little more about what I want, and the Smartthings vocabulary for it. I’d really like to trigger an action, so that the lights, Sonos, lock and thermostat all do what they are supposed to do. Anyone know how to do this? I found the dummy switch to trigger modes, but can’t seem to get the mode to trigger the actions.