Hello SmartThings community!
I hated cycling through input sources using the source button on my soundbar controller (Q990B). After many days of searching online, reading this forum, experimenting with HTTP requests, and struggling with the API, I’ve successfully created a solution using Shortcuts. I’m sharing it here in the hopes that someone else like me can find it and save a lot of time.
- Get API Key / token (check “Devices”)
- Get Device ID, (click on your room \ device, and copy the device id)
- Go to shortcuts and make a workflow like this
- On mac you can assign a keyboard shortcut to a workflow by going to info \ details (it didn’t work for me, I used BetterTouchTools instead).
- Repeat steps 3,4 for each input. I have 5 shortcuts in total (bluetooth, digital, wifi, HDMI1, HDMI2)