Suggest a Device

Nest smoke detector. sends to smartphone now.
Nest also sells a thermostat
Also - like other post, Chamberlain garage door opener.

1 Like

Jibo. I like the potential especially from the telepresence perspective and visuals instead of simply voice command and speech like ubi.

Amazon Echo. ST drives their shop to amazon why not reciprocate amazon and open the API so ST can connect.

2 Likes

Withings Aura and Withings Pulse

4 Likes

Sunnovations Aquanta. On kickstarter right now. Really interesting product to monitor hot water heater both electric or gas.

2 Likes

Comparable in price and listed at Lowes:

2 Likes

@beckwith You should check this out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115949672/water-hero-protection-from-major-pipe-bursts-and-c

The creator just reached out to me regarding getting this integrated with SmartThings. I pointed him towards @urman and @Ben with the hope that they can discuss with him what needs to happen. I’m also posting here so that possibly more people will see this, back it, and want it integrated with SmartThings!

Jeff

4 Likes

User friendly WiFi-module for robot vacuum cleaners like Roomba.

Cool initiative on Kickstarter looks promising though, just backed them :smile:

5 Likes

You have my vote for the programmable hardware button. Versatile, cheap, useful!

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like they will make their goal, but figured I would post here to see if I could drum up some more interest! http://t.co/ltNeIRIyoY

Soon!

I have it somewhere. I’m back in the office on Wednesday. First to remind me about it on Wednesday is the first that gets to test the new handler!

@urman
Thanks, but Duncan already beat you to it:

1 Like

So now @urman - can you get the Foscam device integration working ! this is another one pending from a WHILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Thanks !

1 Like

@urman, And what about IP camera integration too?

We need ROCKI integration! a really cheap sonos alternative :slight_smile: and it shouldnt be difficult to implement, please give rocki some love

1 Like

Auris support would be cool too! I have both the bluetooth and wifi versions. http://theauris.com/

Aeon Labs Aeotec Flood Sensor, I just bought it because someone said on Amazon that it worked with ST and I haven’t been able to get it to pair. I haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet on here either.

Edit: Nevermind, I contacted support and I had to exclude the device first and then it connected very easily

1 Like

Two suggestions:

GlobalCache integrations. All of their products including their IR devices and contact sensors.
OpenSprinkler. Looks promising. Open Sprinkler … web-based sprinkler

2 Likes

Ben,
This might already exist but I need a way to tell if a Lamp lights 1,300 miles away when my Android Note 4 shows that it has lit. Many times the lamp button glows green but the Lamp stays unlit! It should have some way of pinging the status of the lamp verifying the actual status!
Jim Larsen

install pollster, it has resolved any remaining niggly device state issues that I had.