Successfully paired Kudled Color Bulb (Chinese Hue A19 Bulb Copy Cat, $23) with Philips Hue Bridge

I have no way to compare them, as these are my first smart bulbs, but I could take some pics for you, just tell me what you’re looking for.

ah I was actually hoping someone on here who does have them and the Osrams can show a side by side comparison like we saw in the first post :slight_smile: tempted to pick these guys up but at $23 the osrams can be had for $30 and ship in the US. Just curious to see how deep the colors look, also curious to know if the device handler can support color loop? Do you know if it does?

I don’t know if it can handle color loop, but if you can be specific in how I could test that, I’ll help you check.

Color loop is basically the ability for the light to change colors about every 15 seconds or slower. There is a work around where we can use rule machine but the fastest would be every minute and some of the colors get washed out due to the way the “random” setting works. I think the capability would have to be in the device handler. The hue’s are capable of doing color loop.

Apparently it isn’t available, I doubt it’s too complicated to get the handler to do that, since everything else is in working order. I have absolutely no clue on how to do it but it would seem to me that someone with the know-how would have little trouble with it.

Noob question but can you do “Color loop” if its connected via Philips hue? As i could try that

I am not sure as I don’t have a hue hub but I do know the osram app can support so I am sure it does

thx for confirming that they work with hue v1 bridge/hub.
Can you please post an exact link from aliexpress so we also can enjoy/bux the bulbs :slight_smile:
Just want to be sure, to buy the right ones.

thx
pOpY

I bought mine through this listing It states it in the description further down but not on the title, it doesn’t include the Remote, the listing is for a single bulb.

In the space of 2 days I have managed to go from it works perfectly to “they are just dumb Bulbs now”. In my efforts to integrate the remote further with the ST Hub I have managed to alienate my Bulbs from it. I’ve done the Off/On x5 procedure a lot of times, I have done the impairing from the remote procedure a lot of times as well ( 1I 2O 3I 4O >) and yet my ST Hub doesn’t detect them, I deleted them from my device list because of my messing with them and the remote.

Is the ST service working correctly, what could I have messed up?

@iamjezz: which bulb have you bougth?
Just want to be sure to buy the right ones for my hue v1 bridge.

Can you please give us the link.

Thx

Ok guys, i have now ordered two of these bulbs: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8W-Intelligent-remote-control-led-seven-color-of-RGB-with-e27-by-2-4g-wireless-controller/32504401144.html

Will report back if they work OutOfTheBox with hue v1 bridge.

pOpY

So I’ve reset my Hub a few times trying to change the ZigBee channel to see if I can reconnect the bulbs and a could not, I’ve passed through Channel 24, 15, 20 and back to 24, I reset the bulbs every time with the 5x off/on method, I’ve even used the 3 seconds on, 3 off x 5.

What am I doing wrong?

DONT BUY THESE FOR HUE V1!!
I have contacted the seller and he clearly says that the bulb is not compatible with hue.

Please can Anyone post a link to an aliexpress bulb which is compatible?

pOpY

@Kelvin_Kueh @hongtat @Chun Haey, do you guys own the Kudled Remote as well? have you tried resetting a hue bulb with it, The I(1) O(2) I(3) O(4) + > near the bulb seems to do the same thing the Lutron Remote does. Even if the remote won’t pair with ST, maybe it’s a good and cheap alternative to the Lutron Remote for resetting Bulbs.

I have the Kudled remote, but I don’t have any Philips Hue bulb.

@royeiror - Try remove the bulbs from Hub, reset bulbs, power off/on your Hub and detect again…

I’ve tried that multiple times, Resetting the bulbs through the on/off combination, through the remote combination, I’ve restored to factory my hub a bunch of times and somehow I can’t manage to pair them again.

I have it working on Hue V1, took a while to get it to connect but it did. Where did you buy the bulb from?

Link from my last posts.
Can you please share a link to the aliexpress seller where you have bougth it?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8W-Intelligent-remote-control-led-seven-color-of-RGB-with-e27-by-2-4g-wireless-controller/32504401144.html