Successful Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Installation

It’s battery operated.

2 Likes

I bought and installed this module because it easily works with the new ST app without any device handlers

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-Remote-Works-with-Google-Assistant-SmartThings-and-Alexa-99434/311264804

1 Like

that remote does not just come with the zigbee controller. You can buy it separately as well and it’s available in black.

Are you referring to this black 3-speed remote that comes with an RF only (no Zigbee) fan control module?

Or this 3-speed one, that also comes with an NON-Zigbee fan control module?

While those remotes can most likely be associated (via the RF dip switches) with the Hampton Bay Wink-Enabled Zigbee Fan Controller, this is the only package that I find that has a 4-speed RF remote and has the proper Zigbee Fan Controller module.

they can be. Many people use all of them. I did notice that the rf remote it comes with has a toggle switch in the remote that controls whether or not the module can dim. I do not know if that switch exists in the other remotes or the wall unit, or what happens if you take the batteries out of the remote and use voice control only, but i suppose i could test that last scenario easily enough.

i stand corrected on this. it’s evidently “medium-high” or something.

My HBFC RF remote has been in a drawer without batteries for years. I only control my Fan via Zigbee communications. We use both Alexa voice control and a Lutron Pico remote that is mounted in a wall-faceplate, alongside three other Caseta dimmers. It blends right in. Just be aware, that Pico remotes cannot easily be used with SmartThings.