Stop notification from a rule

Using rule machine, when the rule runs it sends a notification to the notification listing.

The rule is called “hue refresh”.
When motion is active in any motion sensor a custom command “refresh()” is ran on every Phillips bulb.

This gives almost instant status updates from my Phillips bulbs.

The problem is that the rule sends a notification when it timed on each bulb. I have 9 bulbs. So walking through the house I can go pay 5 or 6 motion sensors.

That fills up the notifications list rather quickly.

Is there a way to have it not send to the list?

Ask @bravenel to add a no event option to notifications in Rule Machine.
http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/ref-docs/smartapp-ref.html#smartapp-send-notification

@bravenel… Can we get something like this in the release you have scheduled for this evening? Lol

We’ve been around this mulberry bush before.

If I take out the logging, you’re going to need it. If I leave it in, you’re going to complain. If I give you an option for it, it gets messy, and for what? What they heck are you doing hanging out in the Notifications on your phone anyway?

1 Like

Is there a possible compromise opportunity: Live Logging messages of various levels of detail?

It makes me feel important! I like being notified!

1 Like

@bamarayne

RM is not putting out the refresh() messages, Hue is. So there’s nothing I can do about that.

The only messages the RM puts out are (1) the events it receives, and (2) the outcome of rule evaluation or that a trigger was fired, or were delayed.

That’s all. 1 or 2 messages. Both completely relevant to knowing what happened.

Terry, there is no subset that makes sense. All of the devices associated with a Rule are logging much more than that. RM logs the least, only the barest of facts.

I swear, there is no pleasing people on this one. @bamarayne’s reasons are a crock.

Bruce, have a snickers. Lol

2 Likes

I promise not to complain…
If it’s there or if it’s gone
I promise to spend less time in the notifications, no matter how much I need the ego body.
I promise to find a way to program a rule scenario to work around it.
And I absolutely, completely, totally, probably, will NOT change the code of rule machine and for help!

Lol

1 Like

Yes, and right you are sir!

1 Like