Stable reliable HD Video camera that works well with ST

Hello,
I am looking for recommendations on both indoor and outdoor HD video cameras that work well with ST which has the capability to record video for longer periods of time (e.g., 5-6 hours) and stream live video.
From what I have researched Arlo sounds like a good option, but it appears it may not be able to record videos for longer duration.
Nest is a good option as well, but there is no official ST support.

What other options are out there?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

ST itself will not record long periods with its compatible Cameras. I use the Samsung approved unit inside, there are a few ways around this. You can stream live video form ST or the Samsung app. I find ST is a bit slow at loading live video. I use ST for the alert notifications and short alert videos. I have a backup storage disk for longer recorded storage that I access threw the Samsung app. As a final option , I have some software called Blue Iris that runs on my server. This runs continues recording since I have more space. iI can trigger recording from ST movement alerts as well. It also allows me to stream live video to third party apps such as SmartTiles. I dont really feel there is any good well rounded solution w/ ST. They seem to me lacking in the flexibility and integration of Cameras. Good Luck.

Thanks @logeox. Does Samsung camera support storing to external local drive? Does it need to be connected through USB or can work with a Network storage device?

You need to look into something like Blue Iris and cameras compatible with it. There are some integrations between BI and ST.

Only SD card. Blue Iris will support network storage.