[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

Thank you for the confirmation!

SmartThings released a new Smart lighting that is not based on Groovy.

In the app

1. On the Home tab, tap the +
  2. Tap Create Routine
  3. At the bottom of the screen, tap Discover
  4. Scroll until you find Smart lighting

Edge-compatible Smart lighting was released ~Nov 7. Some discussion on this thread: Smart Lighting (new plugin version)

I have other drivers with child devices

@krlaframboise SmartThings introduced new Smart lighting vs old Smart Lighting app.

In old Smart Lighting zen30 was showing up on the list

In new Smart lighting Zen30 is absent for some reason

1 Like

Are any of your other devices missing?

Not that I found, yet.
@Khoeye is from SmartThings side who was enrolling users into Smart lighting, and he should know what is the trigger for device to show up in the app

Also looking into actions when I add one of the lights to control, looks like device has to have on/off or level capabilities

All of this are showing for zen30 in old Smart Lighting app, in different wording

But entire device is not showing in new Smart lightning app

I see it happening on two devices. A Samsung tablet and phone. As for doing a restart of the phone, I not only did that but it updated to Android 13 with UI5. Hell of a restart. Lol.
My ZSE40 is a v1 fw16.04
Again last night I see, when looking at the history, the device is taking 9 minutes to reset after no motion.
I figured this had to be something on Smartthings side since it’s happening regardless of the driver I use.

I know what the issue is and I should have it fixed tomorrow…

Back when I wrote the driver the component labels weren’t shown in Automations and having Switch listed twice was confusing so I used custom capabilities instead of the switch/dimmer capabilities in the presentation.

Smart Lighting must look at the Automations section of the presentation to determine which devices to show so adding them to it should solve the problem.

1 Like

The ability to do it is not the same as it being officially supported by SmartThings.

Last time I asked someone at SmartThings about it they recommended waiting until it’s officially supported because until that happens they could make changes that break the drivers implemented like that.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a 16.04 firmware and if it was a platform issue I would think that a lot of users would currently be having problems.

Have you added/unplugged any devices lately or happen to be using the USB port of an older ZEN20?

If you’re seeing performance issues with other z-wave devices then it might be a z-wave mesh issue causing messages to bottleneck and get extremely backed up. Although I don’t think I’ve ever seen mesh issues cause delays of more than a minute…

I misread it, it’s fw 16.09
This is the only Zooz device I have. It’s running on two new AAAs. Nothing has changed, except of course the slow automatic conversation by ST of my devices to Edge.
I have a very solid Zwave network with the exception of a Kwikset lock. (POS keeps eating batteries like crazy)
I think I’m going to exclude the 4n1 and re-add.

That’s what I was going to recommend next, but you might want to also factory reset it after excluding it…

While this is true, the ST driver doesn’t support much functionality. I can no longer set the ramp rate for the dimmer or any other parameters.

It is disappointing that Zooz will no longer support these good products just because ST made one that will meet minimum capabilities. It would seem much better to add the support to the corresponding Zooz 700 series driver so we get back the functionality we had with the DTH. Are they that different?

I truly appreciate all you have done. Was just hoping Zooz would maintain their support for their products so this transition didn’t have to be such a step backwards.

The driver for the 500 series should be posted this weekend.

I was just pointing out that if you let ST migrate your existing devices then the missing settings won’t matter because you won’t lose the setting changes you previously made.

6 Likes

But the multi tap isn’t supported with the stock driver at least not with the switch I tested.

Not sure if someone came across this issue on motion sensor ZSE40 [couldn’t find any results in this thread] of “Motion Clear Time” where its treating the input as “Minutes” not “Seconds” as per the history of the “Motion Detected” and “No Motion” its going into no motion at 15 minutes not 15 seconds per my input of the setting to clear motion. Dev pleaae look into this and let me know if further information is needed.

It’s just the setting label that’s wrong, the value sent to the device is still 15…

No its actually doing that at 15 minutes, see the screenshot.