[ST Edge] Virtual Energy/Power Meter

It’s a smartthings outlet.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo could probably comment.

Thanks, is because I’m looking for a way to execute a automation that turn of the devices when it have 0w of consumption for more than 1 minutes but using the edge functionality to run it locally.

Hi @KleverBatista
I don’t know if I understood correctly what you want to do.
If the device already measures real power, you can make a routine that when it measures 0 w for more than 1 minute, it turns off this device and others.

Smarttings outlet models are on the edge stock beta driver, with power meter and run locally.

They are also in my Zigbee Switch Power Mc driver, I think I am missing the model made by Samjin, but it can be added, if you need It.

Yes exactly like that.

Maybe I can send you my device information to add to your drivers?

Sorry, I don’t know much about this, I’m trying my best.

Try with smartthings stock Beta driver Zigbee switch.
In this post has all information to install driver and device

Yes, do you believe it will work with my device??

this is my device info, idk if it’s compatible with your drivers.

Yes, this works with the smartthings beta standard zigbee switch driver
Enter in smartthings Beta channel and follow the instructions in the post I sent you to install the driver on your Hub.

• Once the driver is installed in your Hub then you have to uninstall the plug from the app
  • In the app click on add new device and search nearby.
  • Your plug will be paired with the edge driver zigbee switch

If everything works fine for you and you want me to add it to my zigbee switch power Mc driver, tell me.

Hi, I do it,and technically it works, the only thing that make it run cloud is if I enable the precondition that count 1 minute before it turns the switch off when it have 0w of power meter.

I have tried mine with the Android app and the automation is local as long as the condition is equal to 0 w.
If you put >= or <= then go to cloud. Although I guess they will change this and it will go local too.

From what I see the stock driver only shows power meter and doesn’t show energy meter.

I have added the finfgerprints to my zigbee switch power Mc driver.

- id: Samjin/outlet
    deviceLabel: SmartThings Outlet
    manufacturer: Samjin
    model: outlet
    deviceProfileName: switch-power-energy-plug
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Zigbee Switch Power Mc               β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-05-15T08:21:52.087777           β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Enter my channel and install the driver in your hub. link to my Channel
You don’t need to uninstall the plug:

• Enter in app device, and click three points, top right
  • Select driver option
  • click on select another driver
  • Choose zigbee switch power Mc and use this driver

Perfect it works, the only thing I need the automation I this way

And if I do it in this way is not run locally.

I explain to you what I want to do, I have a water pump that have a pressure controller, when the tube line in my house have a sertain presure that pressure controller will stop the pump so the pump will be 0w of consumption, so I want to have a automation that if the pump is 0w for more that 1 minute it will turn off from the SmartThings outlet but if the pump turn on in less than 1 minute it will continue the SmartThings outlet on.

When timeouts are added to routines they lose local execution.

This is supposed to run locally at some point as well, but I’m not sure about that

Yes,I try to do it and disconnect the internet but not work because is cloud do.

I figured out this way
Uploading: 902242BB-345A-4F74-B67D-F8C0D5D026F1.png…

In this way it works exactly like I want, perhaps it stop every time you set as delay and turn on again as a loop.
But when the power meter show 0w it completely turn off.

The problem is that it only shut off if the power meter is 0,if not I will continue Turning on and off.

@KleverBatista
Works fine power meter and energy meter?

Yes. Everything perfect, thanks for all.

1 Like

Please could you put a screenshot showing the power and energy measurements of the plug?

I wanted to tell smartthings why they haven’t put the energy measurement in the smartthings plugs

By the moment I have just place everything well and begging to use it, when I have like a week of use I will update you a screenshot.

@TAustin I know that there is ongoing platform issue with Switches/Buttons display type.
I just noticed today that reset button is not there, however reset automation still works

Is this easy fix?

I don’t know. There seems to be many things broken by a recent Android update. Thanks for letting me know about this one.

Was this a previously existing device or one you just created? Had you ever used that reset button before for that device?

The issue seems to be where a field has a nil value you now get the broken cloud, so that could explain what you are seeing but only if you’ve never used that button since you created the device. If you HAVE used that button then there ought to be a previous value there (last energy value and date).