[ST Edge] •• Tasmota Edge •• for Sonoff, Tuya & many other ESP WiFi & HTTP devices - over 2000 Tasmota supported devices

no luck. :frowning:
rebooted and ran a scan but didn’t find anything.

I then uninstalled the driver, rebooted, reinstalled the driver, scan. didn’t find it.
The version showing up in my ST App is 2022-11-09T15:13:55.068814665

Can I have a screenshot of this version?

Do you have this Tasmota Edge device in your “All devices” list?

nope… don’t see the Tasmota Edge device

@nayelyz - Would you be able to assist @KennyG with this please? Thanks.

He has the driver installed, but Add device / Scan for nearby device is not able to find and install the device.
I’m unable to reproduce the problem, I believe it’s probably his ST hub / platform / firmware issue.

1 Like

thank you so much for troubleshooting.
|Firmware Version |000.045.00011|
|Hardware Version|Hub v3 US|

Tasmota Edge Update!

• Added support for HTTP Devices.

HTTP Supported Devices:

Create virtual devices to control other devices on your local area network (LAN) via HTTP GET & POST requests to the specified HTTP endpoint destination.

Configure the HTTP Request (Method, URL, Port, Headers, Body) via the Web Gateway.

Web Gateway URL can be found inside the Tasmota Edge Device.

The Gateway address changes frequently, make sure you get the latest Gateway address from Tasmota Edge device. For example, it is http://192.168.1.208:44189 (screenshot below); access it on your browser.

Do note: SmartThings Edge Platform limits communications to IP addresses on local area network (LAN) only. It cannot communicate with devices on the Internet.

HTTP Switch - Perform HTTP GET / POST request for ON & OFF commands to HTTP Endpoints
HTTP Button - Perform HTTP GET / POST request for button toggle command to HTTP Endpoints

Update will automatically be pushed and installed to your hub. Version: 2022.11.1

HTTP Switch, HTTP Button

1 Like

This is really interesting. I have been using the web requestor by @TAustin which provides similar functionality (virtual devices with post/get capability) to control buzzer and other tasks (run a rule, relay toggle) not supported by your driver but now it seems everything can be done with this single driver - excellent job!

Did anything change with the driver since later in the day yesterday?

I managed to start testing the HTTP command functionality yesterday morning but then the web gateway became inaccessible (“ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”) since and it is still the case. Anyone experiencing the same?

Ok, rebooted hub from the IDE portal and upon refreshing, it updated the gateway port to something different. So it is accessible again. Curious as of whether this was the result of a periodical internal process in the hub.

It’s been working ok for me, the standard devices use the same post/get method and I’ve had those running for a few weeks with no issues.

I am not familiar with HTTP Buttons and Switches. What are they and why would you use them?

Yes. The Gateway address changes frequently, make sure you get the latest Gateway address from Tasmota Edge device. It’s not necessary to reboot the hub, rebooting it will get a different port.

This is mainly for non-Tasmota devices that have a web interface to control the device.

For example, to turn on/off the device, you have to access http://192.168.1.123:1234/?action=on.
So you can create a HTTP device (switch/button/etc) to control it via HTTP calls in SmartThings ; when you on/off switch in SmartThings, it will trigger the HTTP calls to the device to control it.

The HTTP device is also a virtual device. So you can create routine/automations with virtual device or mirror status with another device.

1 Like

@hongtat I’ve been trying numerous different things in trying to make some Sonoff dyi mode stuff work. It’s been quite challenging. Just realized there seems to be some truncating occurring sometimes in either the request or the body line on the Gateway interface. Let me illustrate:

The “ON” command line was intended for a tasmotized NSPanel, and the line was written as:
< http://192.168.0.37/cm?cmnd=WebQuery http://192.168.0.20:6666 POST {“deviceid”:“whatever”}

After saving the changes and closing out the screen, if you go back into it, the request line seems to have been truncated to what you see on the image. So < “deviceid”:“whatever”} > is missing.

Any idea what is happening there?

I can actually replicate that behavior in the Body field, per the below:

That is how it is written, before I hit save on the page.

After saving and closing out, then coming back to the screen, the content has changed to:

…so the Body line has been truncated almost entirely. Thoughts???

What happens if you replace all " with \" ? Or maybe try ’ instead of "?

@Gusfmm - I have pushed out a fix (version: 2022.11.2) for this. You can reboot the hub to receive the update immediately.

Please let me know whether it works for you.

@hongtat , let me try to explain my current problem.

I have a Shelly1 device flashed with Tasmota used as a garage door opener. I have integrated it into SmartThings using your driver.
In order to close the garage door, the duration of the impulse needs to be short, e.g. 0.5 seconds or 1 second. A command such as PulseTime 10 sets it to 1 second and it works fine.
When the power is lost or the hub reboots, it writes a new rule1 to the device, for example:

Rule1 ON Power#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power1#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW1":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power2#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW2":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power3#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW3":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power4#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW4":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power5#state DO
12:07:45.472 RUL: Rule1 +WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW5":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power6#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW6":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power7#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW7":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Power8#state DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","STS":{"POW8":"%value%"}} ENDON ON Wifi#Connected DO WebQuery %mem1% POST %mem2% {"Mac":"%MACADDR%","cb":"Status 0"} ENDON

That rule completely messes up the PulseTime setting (basically the power stays on for more than 5 seconds), and the result is that the garage door does not close properly (it starts to close, then reverts to open). If I delete the rule or set it to off, everything works normally, but the next time there is a power loss or hub reboot the rule is there again. Can you think of a solution for this annoyance?

Excellent @HongTat, works as expected now, many thanks!

@hongtat Follow up to the above. It doesn’t quite work yet. The same effect happens on the ‘Web Query’ line. It truncates it when it reaches the first " char. So upon saving, the actual POST request is not properly saved (that is, is saved truncated)

What you see below is a slightly more complex request, issued to a Tasmota device. The intent is to have the Tasmota issue a HTTP POST via “WebQuery”. so the complete command line should be:

http://192.168.0.37/cm?cmnd=WebQuery http://192.168.0.23:8081/zeroconf/switch%20POST%20[Content-type: application/json]%20{“deviceid”:“10014a3350”,“data”:{“switch”:“on”}}

It is missing the ’ “deviceid”:“10014a3350”,“data”:{“switch”:“on”}}

This is certainly an uncommon POST command, but it is a possibility nevertheless. Would it be possible for you to attemp to fix?

@LazyPawn - I don’t have a Shelly 1 or garage door opener.

Do you have the template for Shelly 1 that I can try?

Would it work if you add PulseTime 10 without delete or off the rule?

Does it open/close the shelly 1 when you on/off the switch from ST app?