[ST Edge] Honeywell / Ademco Vista Panel - Envisalink

Ya, as I am adding these devices I am noticing that. There’s no need for her to have any of these, but I know that’s a whole separate discussion. I’m deleting all the old devices now, which, I assume, means any automation will need to be redone?

Yes. You may want to swap devices in the automations before deleting the old devices.

BTW, she should only see the zones (and even then only a few types - contacts and motions at the very least). You shouldn’t see the partitions pop up in Alexa, though if you choose the option to add virtual switches for arm modes then she’ll have access to those. In my setup, I’ve created the virtual switches but deleted almost all of them.

1 Like

I really need to test this, but should this work in WebCoRE when the intrusion (alarm) goes off? FYI: I re-named the partition 1 device to “Honeywell Alarm.” @ philh30 I know you mentioned this a while back.

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 11.14.07 PM

It should work. The syntax looks correct and the alarmMode capability does trigger automations. I don’t webCoRE though, so I recommend you test if it’s critical for you.

1 Like

Hi @philh30. Thanks for all of your work on this integration, it installed flawlessly and is quite simple to set up!
One issue that I am having however is the ability to integrate with STHM. I was under the impression that this would work natively, however STHM does not seem to recognize with sensors. I am wondering if I have missed something in the configuration, or if I am misunderstanding the capability.

Have you set up all your zones? The zone devices all have at least one capability on them that will allow them to be pulled into STHM as sensors (glass break should pull in as a contact sensor, and carbon monoxide as smoke).

The partition devices won’t pull in as sensors. The integration option in the settings on those devices should automatically arm/disarm the Vista based on the security mode you set for STHM.

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get it working by deleting STHM and then re-adding it, then all of my sensors showed up. It is now working as expected. Thanks again

Hi @philh30, I’m on the same version of your Edge driver, but over the last few days our Routines/Scenes stopped setting the alarm mode and security mode until I rebooted the hub. We are able to use the ST app and the driver to set the alarm mode that way, but not through a routine/scene until after the hub is restarted. Any ideas?

Is it possible to automatically bypass a faulted zone when arming? Example would be if we have some windows open at night, I want webcore to arm and bypass any open zones so I don’t have to do it manually.

If you’re comfortable programming the Vista, you could set up a configurable zone type (menu *182 - see the vent zone option). Then zones of that type would be automatically bypassed if faulted when the partition is armed, and then if you clear the zone while still armed it would be protected. Should be the simplest and most reliable option since the logic is happening on the alarm panel.

I’m sure this would be possible in webcore, but keep in mind that webcore still relies on ST’s Groovy cloud. ST has announced that the Groovy cloud will be shut down, though we don’t yet know when. With Edge drivers steadily progressing towards production, I think the shut down isn’t too far off, and unless the webcore community works to migrate it off Groovy then it will die too. I wouldn’t be too eager to set up complex automations in webcore now.

I don’t think the native ST automations could handle this, but it’s probably possible in the native ST rules (though I haven’t played much with them so don’t know for sure). I would imagine needing to use a virtual switch as your arming button, and then checking each sensor to bypass the faulted ones, finally sending the arm command.

@philh30 - I know that this is a minor at best, but recently (after a few SmartThings firmware hub upgrades and such) the partition information screen that contains Status, Alarm Mode, Chime, Power source, etc…the Status and Alarm Mode sections show up as ‘Untitled’ now. I’ve removed the devices and the driver, reloaded everything, but the issue still remains. Everything works perfect, so it’s 100% purely cosmetic. Any thoughts?

That was right after the latest mobile app update and it impacted all drivers that use a custom capability(ies). @philh30 can create what ST is calling a “translation” for those labels, but it adds a second line to the tile. There is hope, although small, that ST will go back to “fixing” the untitled issue, but for now it either stays this way or the developer has to make changes. Here’s an example of one of my edge drivers and what that change looks like:

1 Like

There was an app update a little while back that messed up labels for custom capabilities. Those created long ago show like this as “unknown”, while newer one show with their technical name as the label. This is on my list to fix, hopefully requiring no action on your part.

2 Likes

Frustrating, isn’t it? Not only was this change undocumented, it also broke displaying “units” next to values, such as in my image above where you should see “gpm” or “gals” next to those values. I’ve reported that bug, but I’ve not heard a peep from ST about that yet.

Will this or similar app be updated for edge

This is already an edge driver to integrate the Vista panel to ST, and there’s no app required:

1 Like

Hi there… I’ve been using this driver for a few months and it was very nice and very reliable… However, recently it stopped working… about the time that smartthings sent me an email saying the edge platformchanges might blow me up and cause a need to reinstall… so…

I’m trying to reinstall it, but it wants it uninstalled first… and it says it won’t uninstall because it is currently in use…

any guidance here?

Thanks in advance (i’m a real rookie here)
Mark

Nothing has changed recently with the platform that impacts this driver (other than labels for custom capabilities), so I wouldn’t uninstall/reinstall.

• Has the IP address for your Envisalink changed?
  • Can you still access your Envisalink by navigating to its IP address in a browser window?
  • Do you have any other integrations that could be running and connecting to the Envisalink?
  • Grab and post logs using the CLI when you swipe down to trigger a refresh on one of your devices.

Wow, thanks for the rapid reply! You are totally correct, sir… Apparently lost my IP address… Seems ok now… I’m still figuring out some virtual switches and how to get smartthing to send a reliable alert to my phone… But I’m making progress! Thank you so much!

Mark

1 Like