[ST Edge] Bond Bridge LAN [BETA]

FIXED! Not luck on your part at all. I had noticed earlier that if I actuated the individual devices the 'not yet updated" message would dissappear for that device, even though the device itself would still not function… So after reading your message it made me think to change something in the Bridge withn the Bond app. So I changed the ring LED. At the same time I noticed the local token and thought I would copy that into the Edge driver settings also. Well sure enough the “not yet updated” message went away and the Bridge and all devices now work fine. The only question now is whether the setting change to the Bridge in the Bond app, or the local token into the ST Edge driver, or a combination of them fixed the issue.

Bottomline… your message set me on the right path. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I have started seeing this as well. I’m wondering if something has changed in the cloud. I plan to start looking into this.

This is a good workaround. It causes the Bond to send an event to the device.

99% it was due to the update via the Bond app. The local token is only used for sending commands to the device. It doesn’t affect online/offline state.

1 Like

I have been experiencing a similar behavior. I am able to get the edge device back on-line when I interact with it via the Bond app. Fortunately I can still interact with the devices in SmartThings via Linked Services. I would very much like to use the Edge Driver but with my devices often going off line I doubt I will be able to rely on this method as connectivity is not consistent.

The devices aren’t actually offline. They are only showing as offline. Automations and synchronization with the Bond device are still occurring. I plan to look into it as something may have changed in the ST platform recently.

2 Likes

Bond Bridge 2023-04-10.19.12.08.33

• Updated ‘offline’ logic to address failed refresh calls (probably during restart). Failed refresh calls will not be considered offline unless the hub responds with an explicit code of not found.
1 Like

The latest driver has installed on to my hub and the Bond Bridge in the SmartThings app is showing that it is installed.

All devices including the Bridge itself are now not functioning. You cannot activate any action via the device tile or routines. Using the Bond Home app to successfully make changes, the SmartThings app no longer reflects the changes you have made.

Been having intermittent issues with our Spectrum provided internet all day, but the Bond app works fine, and I have seen no issues with any other devices beyond the Bond devices.

I would restart your ST hub to ensure that they initialized the driver. I have seen many cases where the driver is installed, but they just don’t start it up. If that isn’t an option, you can send me the error logs in a DM.

Restarted both the ST hub (no fix), then the Bond Bridge with still no fix. Gave it all the time i could before having to run to the airport. I will give it some time as soon as i get home.

Thanx for your help

My best guess is that there is something wrong with your Wifi. Probably something blocking UDP broadcasts. Eero is notorious for blocking those. There isn’t much else I can diagnose without a log. If you can DM me a log, I can take a look.

I found another workaround that can re-enable offline Fan/light devices only. In smartthings, just change the “select tile display” to a new setting and restart the smartthings mobile app.

I’m looking to add a new ceiling fan in our courtyard and one that we have on our short list is a Minka-Aire that “is a WiFi enabled ceiling fan powered by Smart by Bond technology.”

From Amazon:
This is a WiFi enabled ceiling fan powered by Smart by Bond technology, which allows you to connect this device via WiFi to your preferred smart home system. Fast and easy setup; simply download the latest Bond App to your smartphone (available for iOS and Android), Smart by Bond connects to your internet WiFi network, instantly adding voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant. This means that your ceiling fan can be voice-activated. Additional drivers are available for full integration with other systems including; SmartThings, Control4, ELAN, Hubitat, and more.

● Connect ceiling fan to your home WiFi in minutes

● Download the Bond Home skill for Alexa or or Bond Home Action for Google Home and use your voice to control your ceiling fan

● Control your fan via your smart home system or via mobile phone using the Bond Home App

● Additional integration available with SmartThings, Control4, ELAN, Hubitat, and others.

My question is will I need a bond hub/additional device to be able to control/integrate this into Smartthings?

Thanks.

Smart by Bond (SBB) devices do not require a bridge device. The bridge functionality is built into the fan itself.

Thanks, that’s what I took from the information, but didn’t want to buy it and then have to buy a hub for one device.

1 Like

For those following the thread, are you still seeing offline devices on occasion? I am seeing it locally about once a week. The last version of the driver disabled most of the offline conditions, so it is looking more and more like ST is doing it. I have also seen reports similar to this in other drivers. I’d like to get an idea of the frequency before filing a bug with ST.

I routinely see devices offline.

Jim Horlacher

1 Like

I have not seen any offline devices in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Reinstalled everything this weekend. Everything worked fine, then after many hours the devices would show Offline, but after some time they would show back online by themselves with no actions by me.

Then over the next day they would go offline and it required me intervening by invoking a Routine or changing an attribute in the Bond app to get them back. Scheduled Routines seemed to continue to function just fine all day no matter if what the device status showed.

This morning all devices and my two Bond Bridges appear online in the ST app, but nothing is functional and Routines and changes in the Bond app will not bring their functionality back.

I will play with it some more this evening.

I have one blind connected via the Bond bridge. Recently, it appears to go offline regularly. Works fine through the Bond app. While I haven’t tested things thoroughly, it seems to come back online in ST after I interact with the device in the Bond app.

Can you clarify if the devices are Smart-by-Bond (SBB) or if you are using the Bond Bridge?

2 Bond Bridges both on Firmware v3.12.7 with 5 devices on one, and 1 device on the other.

I did not get a chance to work on this this evening, but i confirmed before posting that 2 devices on Bond Bridge 1 are showing Offline in the ST app, the remaining 3 devices on Bond Bridge 1 and the 1 device on Bond Bridge 2 all show online… but none of devices on either Bond Bridge are functional.

Hope this helps