ST connected relay (to close a circuit but NOT connect power)?

I just responded to you about this in the UK wheelchair thread, and also mentioned the Mimolite there. :wink: Just make sure that you get one on the EU frequency if you have a UK hub. The US frequency starts with a 9 and the EU frequency starts with an 8. Fortrezz makes the Mimolite in both versions.

There is one more alternative, which is a microbot from Naran, essentially a robot finger which you can set up to push an existing remote button. It has its own Wi-Fi bridge and then IFTTT service/channel. So it can solve some problems that are difficult to solve any other way and doesnā€™t require any rewiring. I myself am quadriparetic with limited hand function and just got a set of these from my family for Christmas. Iā€™ve installed one on a small blender that has a button thatā€™s very difficult for me to press, and so far itā€™s working very well.

Setup is a pain, but the device itself is pretty cool. Expensive, but if you have limited hand function it may be worth it. Available on Amazon in both the US and the UK. Ratings are pretty low just because people canā€™t get it set up easily, but if you persevere it seems to be fine.

1 Like