Somfy Motorized Blinds (Z-Wave)

Sent a PM (10 char)

Matthew, Is this the same RTS interface #1811265, LCD screen model at the automated shade website? Do you have any more available. How do I contact you to purchase one?

Hi, another new forum user here who is interested in buying a ZRTSII from you.

Also a new forum user looking for a zRTSii. Please PM me.

Latest DTH

https://github.com/imnotbob/SmartThings-1/blob/Develop/somfy_shades.groovy

2 Likes

Anyone had any luck getting these to open or close using the command open/close using Alexa (not alexa helper).

Does anyone currently offer ā€œTop Down Bottom Upā€ shades that integrate with ST?

None that I am aware of.

Some updated instructions and current DTH in github for the shades/blinds DTH:

1 Like

Alexa used to map Open to On and Close to Off. Awhile back they removed that.

I now use Aks Alexa and like the natural voice commands it allows:
ā€œAlexa, tell smartthings to open shades halfwayā€

I think I may have to go in that direction.

What is the correct DTH for Somfy Autoview motor? I have my first blind on order and I would like to have smart things ready when it arrives. Thanks to all for the help!

Just a regular dimmer switch DH will work. Or you can use the following one by @whoismoses https://github.com/ericvitale/ST-Z-Wave-Shade/tree/master

As always, thanks for the help!

BTW, pairing instructions can be found here, scroll down to the part that says adding/removing to smartthings:

1 Like

Hi - I might be thick but I canā€™t seem to find a way to send a PM; maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m new?

Iā€™m hoping to automate my homeā€™s Somfy blinds w/my Google Home and was hoping to find it for significantly less than the current prices Iā€™m seeing. If Matt is still monitoring these forums, or anyone else, any tips on where to find one for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m running into problems programming my ZRTSI:

I have 7 shades, a 5 channel remote, and a ZRTSI. Iā€™ve succeeded in adding a couple shades to the ZRTSI and controlling via SmartThings.

Iā€™d like to set my 7 shades into 3 groupings. Can/should this be done within the ZRTSI or within SmartThings?

How do I get the channel settings for 7 shades into the ZRTSI using only a 5 channel remote?

Typically you program the zrtsi to match what your remote is doing. The shades ā€œalready haveā€ their channel number setup, and the zrtsi is becoming another remote for the existing channels.

I suggest you may want to reach out to somfy support. I have found them helpful in all this.

1 Like

Thanks Eric. I reached out to Somfy a couple days back, no response yet. Iā€™d settle for a thorough manual that covers large shade sets, groupings, etc.

If each shade has a channel and there are 7 shades, can one move 7 channels to the ZRTSI via a 5 channel remote? I wanted that flexibility, but perhaps I should give up on moving them over individually. Program the groups on the remote, move the groups to the ZRTSI.

Technically all you really need the remote for is to set the upper/lower limits and the my position. You should be able to pair each shade by itself to the ZRTSII using the following but make sure only the shade you are programming has power:

1. Instead of pressing and holding the reset/pinhole button on the remote, there is a pinhole on the motor on each blind/shade. Locate it (should be accessible), then press and hold until the shade jogs.
  2. Then pair it to the appropriate channel on the ZRTSII using the normal instructions.

NOTE: This is from memory, I can double check once I get to the office tomorrow.