V1 Hub - Android User
Like many others, I have experienced many symptoms of instability the last several months! I have been unable to determine if it’s my ST setup, or problems with the ST servers. I have come to the conclusion that it may be a combination of BOTH.
My symptoms have been:
- Timed Routines – failed to execute (e.g. Good Morning, Good Night, custom routines) … or they worked randomly.
- Timed devices – failed to execute (e.g. outlets) … or worked randomly.
- Sensors – failed to sense motion & turn on lights, etc. … or worked randomly.
- Sensors – failed in combination with smart apps (e.g. lights after dark).
- Tasker fired routines were ignored by ST … or worked randomly.
Then I realized that I still had Dashboard SHORTCUTS left over from my V1 ST App (android). Some of those shortcuts (Devices) had sensors attached, and timed events attached. These settings may have conflicted in some cases with similar settings attached to my THINGS and ROUTINES.
I decided to:
- Remove all SHORTCUTS on the Dashboard.
- Install the app Smart Lighting and use it to define Automations for timed devices etc. (Sorry, I’m a late comer to the party)
- I had 2 instances of Sharp Tools installed?? What the H___! I deleted 1 instance.
- Applied the “Done” reset to several Things, Routines etc.
My system operation improved immediately. Timed events are now working. Sensors are detecting motion during the day and after dark … correctly. Lights are operating as expected. I have backed-off on my Tasker fired events, since ST is now working.
I’m a little embarrassed. Did I do myself in? Did I cause “short circuits and crossed wires” in my ST network? Am I the gremlin? Time will tell… its still Early Days. I will wait awhile longer and observe operations.
UPDATE: I’ve got my life back! Things have worked perfectly for 48 hours!