SmartTV control with Google Home?

Hello,

I have 2 Samsung Smart TVs (KU6290 and MU6300) that I can fully control with the SmartThings app.
I am trying to control them with my Google Home mini Smart Speaker.
The problem I am having is that when I link the Smartthings app to Google Home, the TVs appear as switches, and I can essentially only turn them off. I would like to do much more, such as change the channel, and increase/decrease the sound.
How can I do that? Is there a way to get the same level of control through Google Home as with the SmartThings app?
I tried to create scenes in Smartthings, but the scenes don’t allow to change channels or volume.
It would be great if SmartThings R&D would provide a way to fully control Smart TVs with Google Home. Until Smartthings R&D adds better integration with Google Home, is there a way to do that using another app such as IFTTT? I haven’t found any detailed instructions online.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have a samsung smart tv that is compatible with smartthings…but all I can do from smartthings classis or tiles is turn it off. However if I use the new smartthings app, it lets me control the volume, channels arc., but again you have to manually press the buttons in the app to get them to do that.

I think smartthings integration with the tvs is a real joke…to be honest there dumb if you ask me, as opposed to being smart :slight_smile:

You could do all the things you are requesting & more by integrating a Logitech Harmony hub into your home automation setup. I use it to not only control my Samsung TV but also my Panasonic TV in the bedroom both via voice using Alexa. I assume Google Home can do the same thing but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like