Smartthings Motion Sensor Replacement

I’d like to add a couple more motion sensors to my setup. With Smartthings sensors no longer available, what do you guys recommend as a good replacement?

Not required, but ideally, I’d like something using Zigbee and compatible with Alexa as well. I’m worried about where Smartthings is headed at this point and would like whatever I buy to work with other systems down the road.

Zigbee Sensors attached to a smartthings hub have to use smartthings for their Alexa Integration. Because the Zigbee profile that smartthings uses only allows for one primary coordinator, and that will be your smartthings hub. However, as long as the sensors are certified for Zigbee 3.now, you could move them to a different Zigbee hub later if you wanted, including the one built into some of the echo devices.

What country are you in? The device selection does vary. :sunglasses:

Also, if you like the smartthings devices, Aeotec is taking those over. At least initially they are exactly the same model as a smartthings one, just with a different logo. They should be available in the EU and North America within a few months.

And here’s the official thread explaining the handover:

Also, there was a very similar thread started just a few days ago, you should take a look at that. The topic title is a clickable link.