Of course I would be happy to have free help. Thank you.
In my small apartment in NYC, that I only use a few days a week, I have three Samsung units. Two cassettes in the ceiling, and a large unit in the wall. They are controlled by a Samsung Thermostat and a Wifi kit. They were installed in 2022, so it is all pretty new.
Here is an image of our devices:
A regular daily schedule does not work because of our erratic use of the space, and I would rather the system not be on all the time because it seems so wasteful. I would also like to take advantage of the automation features as much as possible.
I love the idea of it recognizing people and turning the system on as people come and go. At one point I had it come on as my husband and I came and went, but that did not work for us because sometimes the dogs are there without us and the HVAC needs to be on for them. Is there is a way for it to recognize dogs?
I have a cleaning woman who comes once a week. Is there a way to add her to the system without her having to set her up with a SmartThings account?
When I added my husband to the system he had to set up an account on SmartThings, which was OK for him, not easy, but he did it. But its sort of an odd ask for the cleaning woman. Is there no way to go through the app and add people? Or do all members need an account?
MY CURRENT SETTUP:
I have two Manual Routines, HOME and AWAY, and a few automated routines for Winter and a few routines for Summer, that I also turn on and off manually.
WINTER Automated Routines:
When we are HOME, it is set to a certain heat temperature in the winter days.
When we are HOME, it is set to a certain heat temperature for the winter nights.
When we are AWAY, it is set to the minimum heat temperature during the days and nights. Is it true that it does not go below 61 degrees? That feels very wasteful to me, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it lower than that.
When we are AWAY, I have tried to have heat go up for the time when my cleaning woman is in, but that has never worked. I think there might be a conflict.
When we are HOME, it is set to a certain AC temperature in the summer days.
When we are HOME, it is set to a certain AC temperature for the summer nights.
When we are AWAY, I leave the system off.
When we are AWAY, I have tried to have AC go on for the time when my cleaning woman is in, but that has never worked. I think there might be a conflict.
- From what I have told you, do you see any ways to streamline and automate my system.
- Is there a way to add dogs
- Is there a way to add people without having them set up a SmartThings account?
- Can SUMMER and WINTER can be defined by dates, rather than my turning on and off the various summer and winter routines one by one.
- Can my Heat be set to lower than 61 degrees?
- I was also wondering if there is any way when we are AWAY in the WINTER for the heat to only kick on when the temperature inside the apartment hits a certain temperature. I worry about the Weather Channel as my apartment is down low in NYC, in the shade, and it might be colder than the mean temperature of New York City. It would be much better if it kicked on when the temperature inside the apartment hit a threshold, but then of course the thermostat on the system is off!
- How do I make the heat or AC go on for a period of time, while we are away, for the cleaning woman. Like I said, this never seems to work.
I appreciate any advice you can give me.