SmartThings DSC/EnvisaLink Integration [DEPRECATED]

Count me in on that.

1 Like

Hiā€¦browsing through the developer documentation on ST Edge. It now occurred to me that you say ā€œDSC/Envisalinkā€. Do you you expect your driver to work with Honeywell/Vista boards or just DSC (and when do you think it will be read for beta test)? I have a Vista 20P. As I mentioned in my earlier reply, I couldnā€™t get redloroā€™s solution to work with the new app and I read something above he is no longer maintaining it. I saw HoneyAlarmServer, but looks a bit complicated. Any suggestions in that regard?

Sorry, my driver is written & tested specifically for DSC integrations. Donā€™t know anything about Honeywell/Vista boards and how they might be different. However if the Envisalink presents the same interface regardless of whatā€™s behind it, then maybe it could work, but I donā€™t know.

The driver is working now. Iā€™ve got a bit more testing to do and then documentation, so maybe a week more and it should be ready.

1 Like

Oh good catch @MartinNYC.

My panel is a Honeywell behind an EVL-3, which is working great with this existing solution, but you may be right regarding with your statement above. Only time and testing will say for sure.

Sounds like this app is working with Honeywell, can anyone confirm?
Also it looks like this app also makes your sensors available with SmartThings?
Sounds perfect.

Do you mean the original one from this thread (itā€™s a DTH), or the one @TAustin is building? If itā€™s the original, I can confirm it works with the Honeywell panel, but it does not create devices from your panelā€™s sensors. Iā€™m hoping TAustinā€™s does. Weā€™ll see.

I donā€™t believe the Envisalink can provide information on what specific zones and partitions are configured. When you request a refresh, for example, it always returns 64 zones and 8 partitions of status data. The way my driver (and the original alarmserver package) addresses this is by having you provide the configuration of your system in a file before you install the driver to the hub. Then at startup, devices will be created for you based on that configuration. An advantage to this is that all your created zone devices will get named the way you want them.

In an ideal scenario, the partition & zone devices would be created based on data coming from Envisalink (would have to include both name and type). Then no config files would be needed.

There is another possible approach and that is to use a SmartApp to configure the driver/devices. However Iā€™m avoiding that for now until SmartThings comes out with a way to run SmartApps without requiring your own internet server (post-Groovy/DTH shutdown)

SmartThings does provide for user preferences to be defined per device (via device details ā€˜Settingsā€™ menu option), but this is very rudimentary and could not be used to provide a list of zone names & types. I do plan to provide for the ability to override config file values for Envisalink ip:port, and login password, as well as DSC alarmcode through this preferences settings mechanism on the main panel device. Experimenting with that right nowā€¦

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t hold my breath for that one, sirā€¦

2 Likes

Quick update on the Edge driver: itā€™s coming, so appreciate your patience! Whatā€™s taking longer is that I think Iā€™ve got a new way to eliminate the need for a config file and therefore be able to deliver this driver through an Edge channel (which allows you to install drivers via an html invite link). It will use device settings on the main panel device to define the zone types and other key parameters such as IP address, alarm code, etc. Iā€™m excited to be able to make this easier to configure & install. No github, no CLI needed.

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to get this out to you to test by mid next week.

1 Like

Edge driver now ready for user testing:

1 Like

Cool! I will give it a try when I get a chance!

Hi There, Iā€™d love to be a beta tester on this.

Iā€™d like to integrate my EVL-4 into my SmartThings hub environment. How do I get started?

Youā€™ll find all relevant info here: https://github.com/vadim-bach/EyezOn-SmartThings-Switch

ā€” Vadim

| jschriesheim Jeffrey Schriesheim
February 7 |

• | - |

Iā€™d like to integrate my EVL-4 into my SmartThings hub environment. How do I get started?

Thanks. Seems to work well. I get a bit confused with all the cross-integrations between SmartThings and Google Home. The number or rooms and devices has grown with some devices appearing multiple times via different paths. I see the door sensors in Google Home but not the motion sensors.

I was surprised to see devices (ā€œPanelsā€) created for each alarm zone as well as each sensor. Can you explain how the Panels relate to the functioning of the system? Have you written any usage guide? Iā€™d like some insight into how to configure Stay vs Away and what capabilities segregating motion sensors from door sensors provides.

Are voice integrations with Google Assistant provided?

Sorry for asking so many questions. Itā€™s so easy to get lost in a spaghetti web of devices and integrations!

Sorry I wouldnā€™t be able to help you with Google Home integration as Iā€™m using Alexa in my house so have no relevant experience. Perhaps someone else on the forum can give you a hand with that. The EyezOn SmartThings Switch just enables integration between EyezOn/EnvisaLink and your SmartThings hub. Itā€™s then up to you to determine what you want to do with it e.g. use SmartThings directly or integrate with other systems like Alexa, Google Home, or Appleā€™s Homekit. It might make sense to post your question on the relevant forum (e.g. SmartThings and Google Home integration).

Hi Vadim, been using this for a while to automate turning alarm on/off but stopped working around 3 days ago, would you have any idea why? ui for the eyez on mobile app seems to have been updated recently as well, any chance they changed their api as well?

Not sure to be honest. Itā€™s still working for me so Iā€™d presume itā€™s something on your end? Maybe someone else from the forum can also weigh in?
Did you check the logs for errors?

ā€” Vadim

| Weko_Altamirano
May 6 |

• | - |

Hi Vadim, been using this for a while to automate turning alarm on/off but stopped working around 3 days ago, would you have any idea why? ui for the eyez on mobile app seems to have been updated recently as well, any chance they changed their api as well?

Hi Vadim, not sure why but whenever I go to the mobile portal now, I get the newly styled UI back so the getSystemStatus method was always failing, had to edit the checks and here are a few samples of what I was parsing, also it doesnt seem to use partition name anymore and instead uses system name

<h3 class="kt-portlet__head-title  kt-font-brand">
	System Name <small><b><span id="s1pstatus1" class="text-success">Ready </span></b></small>																		<small class="kt-font-danger kt-opacity-5"></small>
</h3>

System Name <small><b><span id="s1pstatus1" class="text-danger">Stay Armed </span></b></small>																		<small class="kt-font-danger kt-opacity-5"></small>
</h3>

System Name <small><b><span id="s1pstatus1" class="">Not Ready </span></b></small>																		<small class="kt-font-danger kt-opacity-5"></small>
</h3>

That certainly looks like a very different response than the one Iā€™m getting on my end. Whatā€™s even more strange is that that page is hosted on the eyez-on server so it sems theyā€™re running two different versions of the same page simultaneously. They either elected to keep the old HTML for pre-existing accounts, or are simply doing a blue-green deployment of the new code, meaning itā€™ll eventually break for everyone and Iā€™ll need to update the code to work with the new page format. I guess time will tell.

Which version/model of EnvisaLink are you running btw?