SmartThings Cloud Connector - Webhook

Hi,

I created a new SmartThings Cloud Connector app.

I am not receiving the CONFIRMATION call,
as described here: https://developer.smartthings.com/docs/connected-services/lifecycles.

What can I do to investigate the problem?
PS: the webhook has HTTPS with trusted certificate.

Thank you,
Federico.

Hi, @McTALAO. Welcome to the SmartThings Community!

I’m confused about the SmartThings Cloud Connector term you used since it’s different than a SmartApp (Connected Service).
The first integrates a device to the SmartThings platform through the Cloud and uses OAuth 2.0.
The second one is mostly used for automations with existing devices but it can also create new ones that would be cloud-managed but its type in the Developer Workspace is “Automation”.
So, please confirm which type of project you used because if the first (Device Integration > SmartThings Cloud Connector in the Developer Workspace), it doesn’t require a Confirmation URL.

Hi, @nayelyz,

thank you for explaining the difference,
I want to implement SmartThings Cloud Connector.

I am using Keycloak to implement the OAuth2 scheme.

What I did:

1. I created the Cloud Connector (Device Integration) in the developer section
  2. I set up all the parameters (OAuth2 and Webhook)
  3. I open the Smart Things app on the smartphone and add my device (aka “device selection”)
  4. the login page opens…
  5. with the right credentials it continues and I get the following screen (or go back to “device selection”)

From the LOGs on the Webhook I don’t see any calls from the Samsung cloud.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Federico.

Mmm this is weird, after you login, the discovery request should be issued to your cloud.
Could you check if the address you entered into the Developer Workspace passes the test of this SSL tester, please?

If it does, could you share the app ID of your project and the timestamp (including timezone) of your last attempt, please?

Hi @nayelyz,

during testing I used two different Webhooks to try to investigate the problem,
the first on our main platform and the second on an another platform,
the results are Grade A and Grade B respectively.

For information, Keycloak, which implements the OAuth2 scheme, use self-signed certs;
could this be the problem?

Here is the data from my last attempt:

• App ID: viper_f87350e0-fb26-11ee-bf31-5b4cf46aa33e
  • Time: Thursday 18 April 2024 12:23:55 GMT+02:00

Thank you very much,
Federico.

Hi @nayelyz,

I am writing for an update,
I proceeded to install a trusted certificate on Keycloak and now I see incoming calls on the webhook.

Thanks for the support,
Federico.

Thank you for the update, @McTALAO. Please, let us know if you have further questions.