I have ASUS ROG Phone 3 with Android 12.
SmartThings app freezes when I tap the Login button.
It recovers if I minimize and then restore the app again. But the Login function is just not operational.
How to fix it?
It was solved by me and some other folks by changing the default browser.
In my case, I changed from Google Chrome to Microsoft Bing and it worked.
I just got a new Samsung range, so downloaded the SmartThings Android app for the first time (Google Pixel 6, Verizon, Android 13, latest patches and software updates as of 2023-03-14).
I open Smartthings, click “Sign in” which opens a link in Chrome (110.0.5481.153) that looks like:
https://us.account.samsung.com/accounts/ANDROIDSDK/signInGate?locale=en_US&svcParam=...1691 random-looking characters…&mode=C
… but in Chrome, I get:
Browser not supported
Samsung account can only be used with the following browsers:
- Samsung Internet
- Chrome
- Firefox
- QQ Browser...
(others).
I even tried downloading the Samsung Internet Browser and copy-pasting the URL into it and … I got the same error there! And I tried in Firefox and got it there also.
I do IT support for a living, so I’m no ne…
So my problem is now solved.
But this is issue is really weird, because other apps can open web pages in Google Chrome without any glitches.