SmartThings Android app 1.7.81.22 / 1.7.82.23 (Feb 2022)

I’ve not been paying attention to presence this week. I’ve just been checking and it looks like we’ve lost presence on three Android phones. I will buy correlation with the ST app update, but these phones are on Android 10 and 11.

Aside from giving android permissions, i had to reorder device tiles in the rooms after installing the older version.

2 Likes

Had a framework update land today, i dont use companion apps much but i think there are a few changes in there

There is a Notice about it. Seems to be tweaks to the bedtime settings in the Clock, and robot vacuums added to the Phone app (so you can pause them).

Was the option for outlet and switch always there ?? As we currently are unable to select what purpose a device is for seems like the companion app is guessing at the devices useage and getting it wrong, i use outlets for many lights so they dont get included as lights, for switches i get many items offered that should not be and if used would cause chaos all because we cant damn well purpose a device… even amazon can do that :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

I have a vague feeling they’ve been around a while but turned up late for the party as originally there was nothing I could control at all.

I’ve never been interested in anything they’ve offered in this section. The bedtime settings in particular are laughable. I guess there are people who live like that. I’ve just never encountered them outside young children in an Enid Blyton story.

1 Like

Can you verify Location permission? Is it All the Time or When Using the App?

All the time, otherwise presence will definitely not work.

That’s why I asked you to check. I have 2 phones. Presence was working only in one of them. Did not update to last version of the app.

Presence sensing is in trouble for sure. Sometimes it will pick up that I’ve LEFT the house, but never that I’ve arrived. IDE shows less than half of the events that occured over the weekend of me leaving and arriving.
Wife has S21, I have S20 +
Both are battery UNRESTRICTED, both are location ALL THE TIME, blah blah blah.

HELP! :slight_smile:

I just downgraded to the previous version. If that works for me I will do the rest of my family. I even had auto update already turned off, but in the current version of the play store, if you click update all it doesn’t warn you if any you are updating or turned off for auto update. It used to do that. Not sure if that is a Play store update or maybe an Android 12 update.

1 Like

Bah I have this problem as well. Scared the crap out of me when my audio alarm went off in the middle of the night the other day, because the system though that we weren’t home…

Smartthings Presence has NOT worked on my Android 11 phone since Thursday 2/10/2022.

Well. I guess it’s time to say goodbye to Android and hello to iPhone. I’m a diehard Android fan, but I’ve had enough of this BS.

Be careful though because iPhone users have their own fair share of nagging issues. There’s not one mobile platform immune to stupid bugs like this. It just emphasizes the lack of any basic QA processes.

Don’t blame Android, this is 100% SmartThings fault.

Presence detection is also not working my Galaxy S10. Y’all need to start actually testing your software before you release it to the public.

EDIT: Just uninstalled and rolled back to the previous version; others have said this fixes the presence issue, so hopefully it will for me as well. I made sure to turn off auto-update for that app in the Play Store, and disable auto-updates in the Galaxy Store. Too bad the Galaxy Store doesn’t let you disable it by app like the Play Store. Probably for the best; I clearly can’t trust updates for Samsung software…

1 Like

Do non-Galaxy users also have broken presence or is it just a Samsung own goal?

Just wondered if the Galaxy ‘Notify if left behind’ capability for Android 12 was a suspect. I know it affects other OS versions but the code is presumably still in the app.

The thing is, that on Note 20/Android 12 it doesn’t show me the “notify when left behind” toggles for any of my devices (buds, tag, watch), despite being advertised troughout the app.
The toggles show on a Samsung Tab S7 FE with A11, though…

4 broken Pixels here. 3 on Android 12 and one on 11.

ST presence is not working on my Nokia G300 running Android 11