SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor setting

I have two temp sensor Sonoff e Samotech set as SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor but I live in Europe and degree are in Celsius and in device’s setting I cannot calibrate them with decimals.

How can I do?

Hi @Giamma,
To test that it works you can do this, I tried it and it works:

1. Enter IDE to the device you want to correct the temperature
  2. Click in Preferences (edit) and in the variable tempOffset, for example, enter a correction with decimals of 1.5º or other value as you want and click on save.
  3. Look at the next temperature update, which will be when it changes 0.1º and at least 5 minutes have passed.

If you see that it works well for you, you can leave it like this, you will see that the app shows the value with decimals entered in IDE in the Temperature Offset settings

You can also modify the DTH on line 48 with this for example:
ORIGINAL: input “tempOffset”, “number”, title: “Temperature offset”, description: “Select how many degrees to adjust the temperature.”, range: “-100…100”, displayDuringSetup: false

NEW: input “tempOffset”, “decimal”, title: “Temperature offset”, description: “Select how many degrees to adjust the temperature.”, range: “-5.0…5.0”, displayDuringSetup: false

You can put the rage as you want, -5.0…5.0 is an option

This is more complicated since then in order for the app input range appear from -5.0º to 5.0º you have to do several things. You tell me if the first is worth it.

1 Like

Ok, thank you, I’ll make some test in IDE …

1 Like