Smarthings App - User version

The ST app is more a configuration app than a user app. It’s too complicated for day 2 day usage. A simpler version for daily use is preferable. The widgets only allow for mode changes. It would be nice for the widget to support say a tile to turn on/off a light etc… I envision installing cheap 7" tablets in various parts of the house as a control panel. A simple interface such as customisable widget tile linked to devices would be nice as I can easily place them on the launch pad. So the kitchen tablet will have a differnt look and feel as the Bedroom version.

1 Like

Controlling ST from a tablet with a great interface can be done with Smarttiles. Here are some links.

Lots of info but trust me its awesome. The developers, @625alex and @tgauchat are also very helpful and constantly improving the app.

2 Likes

I believe we’ve delivered the functionality you are looking for in SmartTiles.click

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

SmartTiles is the answer. And for individual device buttons on your mobile homescreen, look into SharpTools.

2 Likes

Cool let me try it out

1 Like

Looks great. One question, how do I make my power meter shows the “w” rather than “kwh” in the tile?

Good to hear, CS!
Could you please direct your SmartTiles power Tile question(s) to the SmartTiles 5.5 Topic thread, though?..

Thanks. I solved the problem.