Smart lighting problems

I have 4 Philips Hue bulbs in my bathroom and have created two Smart Lighting scenarios to use with my SmartThings Motion Sensor. I want the lights to only come on at 10% between 10pm and 9am so as not to kill your eyes when you walk in and then to full brightness between 9am and 10pm.

I am not sure if this is the best way to do this, however only one of these ever kicks off properly. They will be at 10% from 10pm-9am, but then continue to only come on to 10% after 9am. Please let me know if there is a better way I should be doing this. Sometimes, they will switch from full to 10% after 10pm the first time, but then never switch back the next morning.

I would use rule machine . Smart lighting has tons of problems check out rule machine here Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

Thanks for the response Ryan. I

I have been trying to get Rule Machine working, however I don’t think it will work for me. I want the light to turn itself off after a minute of no motion and Rule Machine doesn’t seem to do that. I see somebody attempted to create a timer device, but that doesn’t seem to do what I am looking for either.

Am I missing something or is there a different way to do this out there? The Smart Lighting app almost works but just doesn’t do one part.

I do this exact thing with Rule machine. You can set a delay to the off action, I have mine set to come on at 15% with motion, and turn off 1 minute after motion stops. When you set your Actions for False, choose Turn off these switches after a delay

Thanks for the help everybody. I figured out my logic on this and have it working now with the smart lighting app. I don’t have time to play with the new app once as the wife is going into labor, but will take a deeper look at it later.

My problem was I was turning the light on between 10P and 9A to 10%, however was just turning it on between 9A to 10P. This was causing Hue to keep the dim setting from the last time it was turned off. In this case, it was keeping it at the 10% from the night before. I have updated the day time app to turn it on to 100% and hope it works.