Smart lighting automations stopped working (Feb 2022)

For a Routine on Android:

1 Like

because i have an old version of the ST App (can not upgrade since Android version is 5.x) i do not see the “scrolling list” of minutes (i have to type it in) nor the “Before”. there is just static text of “After”.

i may end up buying a new tablet at some point since the Kindle Fire 8 HD is stuck on Android 5 and my oldest tablet (Nexus 7) is stuck on Android 6. this would allow me to upgrade the ST App as well as a security camera app.

The 0.41.09 Hotfix fixed all problems with my Smart Lighting automations.

1 Like

My issues are resolved now as well.

1 Like

I have the latest firmware update/hot fix and I have a Routine that controls my outdoor lighting that stopped working the past two weeks or so. The routine was based on Sunset +25 minutes to turn on. Any insight or ideas is appreciated.

Can you clarify if it is a Routine or Smart Lighting rule?

Confirming Routine called Landscape Lights On. I attached picture in original email

Ok
 just checking because this thread was for Smart lighting :slight_smile:

One thing you can try is edit the Routine
 add a space at the end of the Routine name and save it. Check if that might resolve the timing issue.

You may also want to post a screenshot of the routine so others can scan it for other possible issues that may not be apparent. Only support would have access to your email with the attached image.

Thanks for the reply! You are right, the screen shot went to support, not my posting. I will try the edit tonight.

Just a quick note: any changes may not be reflected until the following day in regards to the time adjusting itself on the next schedule

1 Like

All of my so called “Smart Lighting” automations stopped working at around midnight EST last night. All 30 of them.

All of my devices (200 or so) also showed as offline requiring a few hub reboots.

Being that routines currently require creating 2 to both turn lights on and then off with motion, I am faced with creating 60 routines to fix this??? And how long before the routines stop working because someone decided to switch directions with the platform? I am seriously second guessing the whole path to automation due to the time involved in fixing things that should just work. I’ve been with SmartThings for about 4 years now and patiently endured outages, tech issues etc. What next?

Anyone who has invested a pile of cash replacing bulbs with smart bulbs, creating zigbee and zwave networks, laced their house with motion sensors will pretty much be flipping out right now.

Am I really supposed to spend a few days now recreating all of my lighting automations? And how long will they work before a platform issue/change disables all of them?

Has anyone actually managed to get their “Smart Lighting” (oxymoron) automations working again? Rant off
steps off soapbox in frustration

v2 hub, 41.00009 firmware

The response from tech is to recreate all of my automations in Smart Lighthing. If taking them to Routines just puts everything in the cloud, I figure I’m better spending the time migrating to Hubitat as I have a hub in hand. Yay.

What is the latest version for V3 hub.

I am seeing this : Firmware Version 000.041.00009

Is this suppose to have resolved tbe smartlighting automations.

Thank you

Same here. I deleted one of the routines within the smartlighting app and created it again, and that one works now. I guess we will have to delete and create all of our routines within the smartapp. Waiting for a rainy Sunday morning to do that all now.

Same to me, motion detection with arlo should turn on hue lights, it doesn’t work!
Cameras working and lights can be turned on and off, but it doesn’t work in an automation.

My two Smart lighting issues (two switches to turn off/on at sunrise & sunset
stopped working about two days ago (now March 7, 2023).

There’s a discussion of sunset/sunrise and Smart lighting in another thread somewhere.

General consensus seems to be that using sunset/sunrise works correctly in Routines but is problematic in Smart lighting.

There are only a few use cases now where Smart lighting provides any advantage over Routines.