SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

dth_security
dth_alerts
project_security

(Tim S.) #732

This is correct. Unfortunately Samsung SmartThings Platform only supports TLS1.0 and does not support modern TLS… which is a bummer because globally the “internet” is or should be discontinuing support for TLS1.0 by April 30, 2018 to be PCI compliant.

I believe SimpliSafe recently changed their requirement to TLS1.2 (I did not test TLS1.1).

(Toby Cth3) #733

We might be able to try something long these lines:

(Ajay Prakash) #734

My app started to work again by itself later in the evening today. Not sure what changed in the back end.

(Toby Cth3) #735

And magically mine is working again too :grinning:

(Tim S.) #736

Mine is working again as well, let’s hope it stays that way :slight_smile:

(Scott Silence) #737

Yep, mine is working again. Who knows what is going on. :thinking:

(Ajay Prakash) #738

I’m so glad its working, I have a bunch load of security automation riding on this one. I’ve setup so that my alarm is set to armed(stay) at the top of every hour, sets to away when no one is home and at 10pm each night. No one at home is now used to set the alarms manually and so we always forget to set it up when the app isn’t working.

Much thanks to Toby and others that have contributed to make this integration possible.

(Michael) #739

Working now for me as well.

Is pollster still needed with this? Or does Smart Home monitor does this? If others use pollster, what interval are you setting at?

Thanks

(Scott Silence) #740

The device handler polls every 5 minutes without the need for pollster.

I know I raised the Hubitat before and I decided to proceed and see if I could get the DTH working in that environment. It’s all groovy and most DTH from SmartThings port over with a minimal amount of editing. That said, I have a question. So far it works and I’m able to connect via the api and get current status etc. When I try to use the DTH to set the alarm state, I get the following in the logs:

Alarm SET to OFF Error: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: dev1519955406307370838064.httpPost() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[uri:https://api.simplisafe.com/v1/subscriptions/XXXXXX/state?state=off, …]].

Did you guys run across this before and if you did, what did you do?

(Scott Silence) #742

I don’t remember seeing any exceptions like that. Just to confirm, you do have a SS2 system and not a SS3, because the call you are using is for the SS2. Not sure what else it could be.

It is a SS2 system. It worked great (at least when ST and SS are agreeable). This is strange. It looks like everything is doing what it should be doing. I’m just scratching my head on this one.

Someone on the hubitat site said I needed to add a {resp -> } to add the required closure to the httpPost even if a response isn’t required:

httpPost([ uri: getAPIUrl(“alarmAway”), headers: state.auth.respAuthHeader, contentType: “application/json; charset=utf-8” ]){resp ->}

It works like a charm now.

(Justin) #745

I got the device handler and the smart app working, but they don’t sync up with the Home Monitor status. Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your work on this.

(Scott Silence) #746

Did you make sure to delete the old Device Type Handler and the Smart App and install the new ones and start fresh? That would be the only thing I can think of.

(Richard G) #747

Will this project be affected much with the new smartthings way of handling DTHs?

I am reevaluating the few products that aren’t ST native (my insteon gear)

(Bill H) #748

@tobycth3 / @ssilence… Thank you guys…

Really scratching my head here… couldn’t have been any to get the device handler & device setup… working fantastic in the Smartthings portal… but I just can’t get the SimplSafe SmartApp to make the association with the device… SmartThings app for iPhone shows the device but remains “checking status” and when selected displays “Cannot connect to device”… I can watch status in the portal without an issue but just can’t control.

In general just looking like the SimpliSafe SmartApp is installed (published and status=“working”) but is not associating with my SimpliSafe Device… any idea what I am missing here??

Also have Alexa app in loaded and it just won’t pick up the SimpliSafe SmartApp

(Scott Silence) #749

Are you using the Smarthings Classic app, or the new Samsung Connect app? I know that Samsung is in the process of phasing out Smartthings (now called Classic) to the Samsung Connect. With Samsung Connect it looks like most of the Custom Device Type Handlers are not working yet.

(Bill H) #751

@ssilence, thank you this is the case…

downloaded the classic version and the system responds… down side is the “Classic” iOS app is unstable (crashes) in iOS 11 beta so I’ll have to pause to either app gets updated. Thanks for the response…

Is it possible for simplisafe to also recognize other sensors I have in my smartthings network? I’m very interested in going with SS for security but have already invested a good deal in motion sensors and cameras.