SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

Can you pull up the logs in IDE and attempt to refresh the status at the
same time? Feel free to PM them to me I’ll take a look to try and figure
out what’s going on

Thank you for all your work on this! Really awesome that I can now integrate SS and ST.

I have this working pretty well locally, but I cannot seem to control it when I’m away from my house (hub). Is this possible? Any suggestions on what I may have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any help, and many thanks for creating this!

edit: The reason I ask is I do not think my “someone has arrived” routine is working when I get into my neighborhood, and it is not correctly showing me the status (it’s armed but says it’s disarmed).

1 Like

I’ve read through this thread and if the answer is in here I apologize for missing it…

Can I trigger SS to notify police or fire/ems using monitored service plan when ST sensors are triggered? (Open door or window sensors, smoke alarm or motion detector)
OR
Do I have to use SS sensors and read their states through ST to control my other connected devices (turn on lights when the front door SS sensor is opened?)

A lot of the ST sensors seem more full-featured than the SS (temperature, orientation, etc)so I was hoping to utilize those but if I can do many of the same things with SS sensors its probably an acceptable tradeoff for me to have the alarm system connected to a monitoring service. I know scout will do it but the lack of fire response (as far as I can tell) and a keypad is pretty close to a dealbreaker.

Hi Matt,
The short answer is no. Both ST and SS operate as totally separate systems and are only able to ‘sync’ the alarm status (off/home/away) between each other. While ST can see the reported sensor status from SS, it doesn’t work the other way around. Meaning SS will only take action on their sensors an no others. Hope that helps!

Hey Thomas,

I had this working very well with my presence sensors, coming/going… until… On night about 11:00pm, for some reason both my wife’s phone and my phone suddenly left (we were asleep), this put my SS alarm into Armed Away mode. Now, if we would have gotten up for any reason, the motion sensors would have tripped, setting off the alarm and a panic situation. It wouldn’t have been good.

Because presence detection has been so flaky for me and so many other, I disabled this and now manually set/disarm our SS system

Good luck
Rick

Thanks Toby-
I might not be reading or using the terms correctly so the 2 questions I’m still unclear on:
I can see my temperature sensor and CO/smoke detector in ST. Can I read the status of individual SS sensors I already have (Front Door, Bedroom Window, Downstairs Motion Detector) in ST?

Can I use the status of a ST sensor (an open/close or motion sensor) and configure the SmartApp to trigger an alarm call through SS?

Thanks!
Matt

Yes, you will see if they are reporting Smoke/No smoke. The temperature sensor will display freezing/not freezing (requires a manual refresh from SS to get the actual temp)

No, you can only see the status of groups of sensors (Smoke/CO2/Freeze/Contact) but not individual.

No, the integration brings the SS device groups into ST, not the other way around. There is no way to get ST to alert on anything other than their own sensors.

Hi Toby,

Seems like the app isn’t updating on it’s own. I often go in and it shows the wrong mode

Today I setup a CoRE piston to refresh every 30 mins and I will see how it goes

Is there a refresh in the app that I am just missing?

Thanks, Rick

Toby,

This is all I see in the app, no temp… Is this to be expected?

Thanks, Rick

You are correct, I removed the display of the temperature (although you can see it on the Recently tab and other devices will be able to trigger on the temperature as well) due to the fact that SS only reports the temperature when you do a manual poll. If you click the Temp circle, you’ll hear your base station say “Your settings have been synchronized” and the new temperature will be pulled into ST. The SS temp sensor is designed to be a ‘freeze’ sensor so when the temperature drops below 42 or 32 (depending what you have it set to in SS) it will automatically trigger the alarm. Anything outside of that requires a manual refresh from the base station to update the temperature. This is a bit of a downfall of the SS system.

Got it, understand now

Thanks Toby
Rick

Could someone help me out on instruction on setting up a routine to turn alarm to away when i leave and turn alarm off when I arrive?

Thank you
Nick

Create one routine that arms SHM, set it to perform automatically when everyone leaves
Create a second routine that disarms SHM, set it to perform automatically when someone arrives

Hey Nick,

Did you see my post above, #385?. Not trying to say don’t do it but it’s worth thinking it through especially since so many of us have had issues with presence sensors

Good luck, hope it works well for you

Rick

tobycth3,
Thanks to you and foxxyben for setting everything up. I had some trouble setting everything up (being only 5 days into owning ST) but digging through the thread helped me figure everything out doing keyword searches and finally reading every post. Can you say whether you’re planning any code changes, what they will be and when you expect to release them? Just curious if you had a short term roadmap of sorts. :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

@tobycth3

Hey again,

My SS integration was going well for months, it stopped a couple weeks ago when the latest Android App came out and I can’t get it to work again.

My setup is pretty simple, I use Alexa to run a Good Night Routine which sets location mode to Night, the SS app is set to Arm Home when mode changes to Night.

Logs shows switching to Night mode each night, SS won’t arm

Here is my SS setup

Nothing shows up in Live Logging

Thoughts?
Rick

@tobycth3, @foxxyben

Anything on the above?

The ST mode is changing from Home to Night but the SS SmartApp isn’t picking it up and setting the Alarm

Thoughts?
Rick

What happens when you manually change modes?

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Make sure the mode is actually changing. When you test, be sure to put things out of night mode between tests, otherwise nothing will happen since night -> night isn’t a change.
  • try running your routine manually. The native Alexa integration has some restrictions on locks and alarms that might be getting in your way. If it works with a manual change and not Alexa, that is likely your issue.

Hey Ben,

Mode is working fine with my pistons per my logs and a manual check of the ide

I set up a routine to change modes back and forth and it doesn’t work. i’ll try uninstalling the app, but still stuck

Rick

I just ran mode changes again manually with live logging open, something seems off but i have no idea what it’s telling me

a6ed53a5-de13-42a7-9776-27771b97d23d 6:07:16 AM: debug No actions set for location mode Night or SimpliSafe already set to home - aborting

6cb3426c-afc9-40db-b045-be55ab7d6042 6:07:16 AM: warn No event handler found for mode event 'Night’

Thanks Rick