SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

Hi Guys,

I am interesting in implementing this code to my smartthing. I already have a simplisafe and I pay about $16 a month. Can I use this code for just state change in simplisafe, if so can someone give me the instruction to do so.

Thanks in advance.

3/7/16
All new companion SmartApp

• Completely re-written
  • Resolved duplicate notification issues
  • Improved push notifications and error logging
  • Removed modes trigger since it was redundant now that Routines can set SHM

This is a totally new SmartApp and I strongly recommend uninstalling the existing app before installing the new version.

Thanks @tobycth3. Can you clarify what you mean by removing the modes trigger? Are you saying that now everything must be done through SMH?

The older version had an option to set the alarm if the mode matched X. It was really redundant since you can use Routines to set SHMā€™s state (which will then set the SS state)

I think that makes a lot of sense to simplify. My only concern is how flakey SMH has been, but thatā€™s not necessarily a problem with switching modes, but rather things inside SMH donā€™t behave properly. I just did some testing and it looks good so far. I will continue to keep you posted.

I had the came concern over SHM (and have faced the same issues as others where you cannot change it and it just keeps spinning) but I found that the issues are just a UI problem. The SHM state actually changes in the background (you can view it in IDE) and routines will set it correctly even if the UI is displaying it incorrectly. Since youā€™ve been my best tester so far, hereā€™s a new device type I have been working on. Has some UI improvements, new added features and improved logging / debugging. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Edit: beta removed

Just installed the new device type. I like the status on the top telling me when I last armed/disarmed the system. What are the arrows supposed to do on the top? When I click them I get the below error in the IDE logs:

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object @ line 168

@tobycth3 - I left my house this morning for work, and my house went into away mode, (which triggers a routine that activates SMH in Armed mode), but my SS never got armed. Upon further investigation, I noticed SMH was still in Disarm mode, which leads me to believe that this was more a problem on the ST side of things. There was an iOS app update which might have introduced a bug. I manually triggered my Away routine again, and this time it worked. I do not believe this is a problem with your smartapp/device type since SMH appeared to be the issue.

I have found that using the criteria to start routines is very unreliable, I will often get the notification that it ran but none of the lights or status will be changed. Instead I used the Rule machine smartapp and create identical criteria that will call the routine. This has worked every time for me now.

I updated the code in the post above. Give that a try to see if it works now. The UP arrow will refresh the alarm state from the base station (not just from the ST website, but actually from the base) the DOWN arrow will refresh the freeze sensor temperature from the base station.

Like many others across the forum, Iā€™m a bit disappointed by SmartThings and lack of more premium home Security featuresā€¦ A simple wall keypad for my girlfriend and roommate who donā€™t like using phone tech lol, a grace period, cellular backup, etc.

Iā€™ve looked at simplisafe, and their equipment looks super cheap, but the monitoring could be worth it.

Can someone explain the point of this integration? It sounds like I can use simplisafe to activate my smart home monitor so that alerts trigger other things in smart thingsā€¦ Right? Does the integration go the other way? Can I use a z wave door sensor, or motion sensor I already have to trigger simplisafe?

I have a ton of home automation stuff, co2/fire alarms, lots of nest cams, I really just need a nice security system for my doors/windowsā€¦ Is this a good solution?

No this integration cannot trigger a Simplisafe alarm. I did briefly consider buying a Zwave dry contact device, and wiring it into my SS panic mode button allowing me to trigger it remotely.

This integration can instead automate the setting or disarming of the alarm state i.e. arming it when your bedroom light turns off.
It can also work the other way, when the alarm is disarmed it can change SHM status and you can automate things off of that as well.

Still getting that error. (now on line 169)

Okay so Iā€™d still need duplicate sensorsā€¦ Hmmā€¦ My home has a pre installed home Security system in it, maybe I should just work with it a while. At least itā€™s on every door and windowā€¦

Wonder if ADT canopy will be any good.

Yup, I have 2 sensors on each door. Good times! Itā€™s not sightly, but most efficient from a home automation and security perspective.

Odd issue, but my doors have designs on them, so the edges arenā€™t flat, which means itā€™s nearly impossible for me to get a contact sensor to work since the 2 pieces wouldnā€™t sit level/side by side. Thatā€™s why I had to go with the in door recessed z wave ones.

Not sure what Iā€™d do with simplisafe

Interesting. If I continue to notice issues with SMH via routines, I will switch over to Rule Machine. Amazing, how a third party app can work better than native :slightly_smiling:

Third times a charm (I hope)

So far so good! Iā€™ll do a more thorough test on my lunch break.

On a side note, thank you for your continued efforts on this device type. It has been amazing seeing how this device type and smartapp have come together over the past year through this community!

you could get recessed door sensors for ST. example