SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

How are you setting it to away? What were the states before you set it to away? Does it show as away on your simplisafe “thing” in the app? Does it reproducibly happen?

If you changed it via the SimpliSafe app or keypad directly, basically polling for updates is broken so that is probably why. If not let me know a bit more maybe something different is wrong.

I just noticed the same issue as @tobycth3 on mine. In my case, my alarm was off, and I ran out to get some groceries, and set the alarm to Away from the SimpliSafe app (I keep forgetting that I can now do it from the Smart Home Monitor in ST - old habits die hard).

I noticed that my alarm state was “off” in the ST app, but it was armed to “Away” in the SimpliSafe app. But it sounds like you’re saying that arming/disarming from either the SimpliSafe keypad or app will not correctly get reported to the ST app?

It won’t immediately. It’ll update next time there is a poll for updates – which basically doesn’t work, it seems (even with Pollster).

It seems that scheduling tasks is significantly broken – and from the threads I’ve seen here, has been so for a long time. Looking at Pollster just as an example, the last time my scheduled refresh ran was 2016-02-13 8:25:37 PM PST even though it is setup to run every five minutes (it even says the next run should happen 2016-02-13 8:25:37 PM PST).

Given that… I don’t know of a good way to actually get this to regularly run. I can think of a few hacky solutions but yeesh.

I have Pollster running via a Rest API and I do poll my SimpliSafe status as part of that. When I leave my house, my regular SimpliSafe device that @tobycth3 wrote enables my SimpliSafe alarm. I know Pollster worked because it accurately reflected that it is enabled properly in ST, however my SMH still shows disarmed. Are you sure the scheduling is the issue?

I don’t believe the scheduler is actually the issue. Debugging the code, it appears at some point SHM throws a NULL value which stops the app from running and processing the ‘away’ mode. I quickly whipped together a similar app that syncs SS and SHM and also sets my alarm/SHM based on location mode. My code reflects the mode properly and did not suffer from the same ‘away’ issue so there might be a bug that is causing this.

Essentially my SimpliSafe system can now be controlled bythe local keypad, native SS app, SHM and location mode.

Thanks, are you going to update your code at the top of this post? how does code differ from @foxxyben’s code? His smartapp has been working great for me.

Thanks to @eviljim, we now have a way for Smart Home Monitor to control/display SmartThings state. I added a new companion app to the first post in this thread with the SmartApp code.

2/15/16
Added new companion SmartApp:

• Syncs status & controls SimpliSafe though Smart Home Monitor
  • Sets SimpliSafe alarm based on location mode
  • Turns on/off switches based on SimpliSafe state
1 Like

Looks good but I noticed when I activated Home mode in Simplisafe, it didn’t put the SHM am mode into Arm(Stay) mode. Should it have?

How did you activate Home mode – via SmartThings, via the SimpliSafe App, keypad, etc?

Should be fixed now. Updated above.

Works now. Nice! I gotta tell you, since you guys integrated SimpliSafe, I am so much more happier with SimpliSafe. I hated having to control it manually with buttons, etc :slightly_smiling: You get used to things being done for you…

Is the new companion app meant to replace the app that @foxxyben wrote?

I’ve just installed this to check things out - Definitely more feature rich than the smartapp I put together. I’m making the switch!!

For anyone using my smartapp, this new one is probably the one to use! I’ll be doing just that, but no need to switch if you are happy with my smartapp and don’t need the added features.

@foxxyben wrote the original device type which I’ve been adding features to and enhancing. The companion app goes along with my device type to bring added compatibility with ST, integrates with Smart Home Monitor and location mode automations. You can now control your SimpliSafe Alarm from Smart Home Monitor, through mode changes or from the device type.

Thanks for the kind words but without your original code, none of this would be possible!

Thanks for the shoutout! And thank you for spending so much time making a great device type!

1 Like

Hi @tobycth3, last night when my house went into sleep mode, it put my Simplisafe alarm in home mode like it should have, but my SMH stayed disarmed. Unfortunately, I don’t have have IDE logs to show you, I will try again tonight.

Did you update the SmartApp with the fixed code I posted last night?

I am 95% sure I did, but without versioning, I have no idea what code changed. If you tell me which line of code you modified, I can tell you if I had the latest code.

Yeah, I need to figure out how to GitHub.

Line 172 should read:
if(evt.value == "home" && state.shmstate !="stay") {