SHM warning lights

From what I can tell it only lights up when motion is detected… sorry if I made it seem like it did otherwise.

no worry at all… like I said… 16 bucks each… even if the LED’s aren’t exactly what I want… the keypad is still functional.

I’ll figure out how to make them work the way I want them too.

3 Likes

Here’s a solution: I have a GE switch on my door. I set the LED to come on only when SHM is armed by using a CoRE Piston.

It would be easier if there was a way to directly control the LED, but it seems the only choices are Always OFF, ON when switch is ON and ON when switch is OFF.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know this is possible. CoRE is crazy. This won’t work since we need something portable at the door and brighter.

How are using your GE switch notification light for this? I tried copying your workflow but not sure how you’re doing the IF and OR IF and ELSE. Are you doing that screenshot from the IDE? Can you send a screenshot from the app or something? I would love to get this working at my house so I don’t keep accidentally setting off the alarm at night when I have to get something from my garage.

1 Like

That’s WebCoRE. It’s a rules engine @ady624 developed. It’s not a built-in part of the ST mobile app or the IDE. It can create very complex automations. Definitely check it out.

That was done in webCoRE. However, I no longer use that/ I was just experimenting.

Wow. I had no idea there was a web based CoRE. Definitely beats creating pistons on your phone! Thanks!

What do you use now?

My concern is when we let the dogs out at night. We have an outside door from our bedroom with a Kwikset 910 lock. When the door is unlocked, it changes mode from ‘night’ to ‘dogs out at night’. A light in the bedroom flashes when the mode changes to confirm change before opening the door. Attached is the piston from webCoRE: