SmartThings Community

Setup to Tuya Smart plug in Smartthings?

(Bob5731) #1

how to setup to Tuya Smart plug in Smartthings?

Geekbes Smart WiFi Mini Plug - Somebody Please come up with a Device Handler (uses Tuya SmartLife app)
(Davin K Dameron) #2
(Davin K Dameron) #3

However, if your devices are currently connected to the Smart Life app, they’ve likely been updated recently which breaks tuya-convert which means the only way you can flash them is by soldering.

1 Like
(Bob5731) #4

it is a energy monitoring plug.

I do not have a Raspberry Pi.

but I have a wemos d1 Arduino.

can use it to flash it?

(Davin K Dameron) #5

I’ve only used Ota flashing. Tasmota has a support chat in discord. They’re very helpful. Assuming your device is already connect to the tuya app, Ota flashing probably won’t work for you anyways.

One thing to keep in mind, though is that the device handlers I wrote use polling. This means of the device state changes outside of SmartThings, SmartThings won’t know for up to 5 minutes. This was acceptible for me, but may not be for others. There are ways around this limitation using Mqtt brokers, but I’ve not done it.

(Bob5731) #6

Can you please look into the last link that I posted. I think there might be a way to do it using their website. But I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination. I can barely write basic programs. If this is a simple true basic programming in dos. That’d be no problem for me.
How do I find localkey and the device ID.
I just want to make sure that I am looking at the right information. I think I found the localkey and device ID.

(Davin K Dameron) #7

Sorry, I don’t trust the data collection practices of Tuya. Therefore, I don’t use their app. Others may be able to help you. Did you try posting on their github?

2 Likes
(Bob5731) #8

Not yet. How do I get to the necessary data to put it into SmartThings.
I would reflash these but I have no raspberry pi.
All have I is a nodemcu.

Plus someone claims they got it to work on hubitat.
I will find the link and post it later today or tomorrow. I would need it poured it over.

(Bob5731) #9

Not my plug is not working with ifttt and SmartThings at all. Cheap replacement that does power monitoring.