Sending Local HTTP Command on Physical Button Press?

Hi All,

I’m very new to SmartThings and have only basic coding skills. I’m looking to send a local HTTP command to a gatecontroller only within specific hours of the day upon the press of a physical Zigbee Button.

I found this awesome Device Handler SmartThings-SC/HTTP_Button.groovy at master · chancsc/SmartThings-SC · GitHub that allows the sending of an HTTP command via a virtual button and this seems to work well, does anyone know how I can take this code and turn it into a SmartApp that can run upon the pressing of a button?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As that handler has the Momentary capability (which gives you a virtual button in the app UI), you should be able to ‘push’ that button in an Automation. So ‘if physical button is pushed then push the virtual button’.

1 Like

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your suggestion, for some reason the virtual switch that makes the http call does not show in the ‘control devices’ option within automation.

Thanks

That’s odd. I just installed the handler and created a device and it appeared in the Automations actions for me (in the Android app).

Ah, my error! When I added it the first time I added into a different location, thank you! I will try this out!

Webcore… you can use webcore

I’ve seen a few messages mention webcore, what is it, any good docs to read?

Thanks.