Sending advanced Zwave commands to reconfigure a GE zwave dimmer?

I have some GE ZWave dimmers connected to my ADT SmartThings hub. The dimmer instructions list commands to change some options. However I don’t see a means of sending ZWave commands…either locally at the hub, or in the SmartThings app.
I see posts of people reading traffic and sending commands. How is this accomplished?

Thanks,
Paul

There’s some device handlers posted in this forum you can use for this.

Specifically I’m looking for the commands listed below copied from the instructions. I’m thinking there would be some command line or console app that allows monitoring and sending any commands.

Dim Rate Adjustments
Both the number of steps (or levels) that the dimmer will change and the timing of the steps can be modified to suit personal preferences. The timing of the steps can be adjusted in 10 millisecond intervals. As an example, the default setting for parameter 8 is “3”. This means that the lighting level will change every 30 milliseconds when the Dim Command is received. A value of 255 would mean that the level would change every 2.55 seconds. Combined, the two parameters allow dim rate adjustments from 10 milliseconds to 4.2 minutes to go from maximum-to-minimum or minimum-to-maximum brightness levels.
1. When Receiving a Z-Wave Dim Command

• Parameter 7 (number of steps or levels)
  • Parameter 8 (timing of the steps)
  • Length: 1 Byte
  • Valid Values:
    • Parameter 7 (default = 1) Valid Values: 1-99
    • Parameter 8 (default = 3) Valid Values: 1-255

2. Manual Control Dimming (pressing the Dimmer’s button)

• Parameter 9 (number of steps or levels)
  • Parameter 10 (timing of the steps)
  • Length: 1 Byte
  • Valid Values:
    • Parameter 9 (default = 1) Valid Values: 1-99
    • Parameter 10 (default = 3) Valid Values: 1-255
1 Like

Firmware version huh? So I installed your switch version DTH and it works great. So when I get the dimmer situation figured out I’ll try that version.

Thank you,
Paul

I loaded Z-Wave Tweaker. Poked some buttons and got some output, But have some reading before I make it do anything useful. A nice utility.

Thanks,
Paul