With all the new technology coming out all the time, I constantly am thinking about my home automation/security system. I’ve just upgraded from the Ring doorbell to Nest, and am very happy with the upgrade(much better functionality). I am looking for some suggestions based on what I currently have:
- SmartThings Hub with SmartThings contact and motion sensors throughout the house with the motion automating lights turning on(lights don’t always turn on when expected).
- Phillips Dimmable Smart Light Bulbs
- 2 Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolts
- 2 Honeywell Wifi Thermostats (Functionality is average within SmartThings app, good in Honeywell app)
- 2 SmartThings Indoor Cameras(functionality is poor within SmartThings app, average within the camera app)
- Google Home Mini’s and Chromecasts throughout the house
- Nest Hello doorbell (Haven’t tested within SmartThings app, works great in Nest app, good with Google integration)
With this smorgasbord of devices, I would like for everything to work better with one another. Granted, I love the SmartThings system but it seems like everything “just barely” works within it and nothing works “extremely well” within the app/system. So I am asking if anyone has any suggestions based on my devices for perhaps some changes to the system. I don’t mind buying new devices on a different system, but would like to not have to “change it up” like this down the line but just to keep expanding. Maybe I can do it all with SmartThings, I don’t know… hence me asking this here. My priorities are as follows:
- Everything working within one app(ideally)
- The devices working with one another as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Voice control through Google throughout the house would be great
Thank you in advance for any opinions or feedback anyone can offer!