Schlage 498 with lock code manager strange issue

Hoping some one can point me in the right direction. I have installed the 4 smartapps for latest version of lock code manager. I added the Handler and assigned it to the lock. When i create users they are not over writing the existing codes. The new codes are not at all written to the code slots on the lock. When i type in the default slot 1 code, it will increment the count on the user i created for slot 1 but ignores the code i defined.

any ideas what is going on. I have removed all the smarapps and handlers and re-added them. Rebooted the smart hub. Not sure what else to try.

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved: You will get the quickest answer if you ask in the author’s thread for the code that you are using. The author will be automatically notified that there is a new question, and other people who are using the same code may also be able to help.

Also make sure that you are using the newest version of the code.

1 Like

Definitely asking on the authors original thread is the best way to get support. You may also have been impacted by a recent change that ST made to its platform which caused issues with lock device handlers (stock and custom) and correspondingly the SmartApps also.

If you’re interested you should also check out this lock user code management app (it runs fine with the stock device handler). You will need to get access to the RBoy Apps server to download this and all the other apps. We have a promo running on Facebook for a short while if you’re interested.