Samsung TV controll with Google Assistant

Hey guys.

I am digging for 4 days how to control my Samsung UE65MU7002 with google assistant and this is what i figured out. Now i am able to turn off, volume up, volume down, channel up and channel down. For now i want to Turn it on, set channel to volume (for example set channel to 13) and same thing wilth volume. Because changing channels one by one is useless…

So my solution is. I downloaded Samsung SmartThings ( Samsung Connect) app and Samsung ARTIK Cloud. Than you can pair this two apps with google assistant and then Assistant can only turn off your TV cause it recognize TV as a swith. Before that of course you need to pair TV in SmartThings app. He can also turn it on (google sa OK )but nothing happens. TV just stay black. For controling volume and channels you need to set this applets in IFTTT app and voila it works. In IFTTT which support ARTIK CLOUD app for now miss option to set specific channel with number, you can just skip one by one…

Does anyone have idea how to reach turning TV on and changing channels/volume to specific value? Maybe how to add mute options?

It is shame that SmartThings app is not integrated with IFTTT maybe it can give more options…

1 Like