Rule Machine Feature Requests

I just posted 1.1.12 on Github. It has the improved options for setting thermostats: auto, and set points whenever.

I don’t know why, but I typically start with things, and based on your earlier post, try this:

Switch B on AND Time between 6PM and 12AM AND (Person A Present OR Person B Present) … if true, turn on Switch A, if False, Turn off Switch A.

Awesome… I will give it a try.

I’m doing configuration of the new temperature controls… Is it a bug that in the “select the actions for false” that I can’t set the heating point and cooling point? I’m setting them in the “select the actions for true” and I would like to set them to something else, after a delay, in the false section.

Yep, there was a typo. Fixed now.

I love the Rule Machine, and have implemented a couple of rules as I still flesh things out…

The question I have is related specifically to your GitHub account…

Would you be willing to reorganize your GitHub so that it follows the SmartThings standards so that I can add your repository to my ST?

See this post for more info. Can I add more than one GitHub Repository?

As I explained before, I am a total noob with Github, and I couldn’t get the Github-ST integration to work. I was too busy to thrash around trying to figure it out. I will do it at some point, certainly willing, just not able. Sorry, it’s not there yet…

@bravenel

Ahhh, sorry. I don’t think I saw your post on that. :smile:
No worries. I’m just so enthralled with always receiving the latest updates on several of the SmartApps I use, that when it doesn’t work I miss it terribly. :smile:

No worries about it. Keep up the great work on Rule Machine!

Thanks. I appreciate your quick action… amazing.

I for one would love to be able to set color for my osram lightify and gardenspot.

I’m working on color right now. Next major feature coming…

Hey - found a bug / issue…

When smartthings crashes and I’m editing a rule (which had now happened twice within a minute) you can’t access that rule anymore! I’ve pinpointed the issue (which I assume is a smartthings not rule machine issue) to when wifi disappears (even if mobile data is on and available). So now I have a couple of rules that are broken & I can’t remove them! The error I get when I try and go into one is the usual: you are not authorised to access the requested information.

Any way around this or more importantly, any way I you can make it so I can delete the corrupted rules and start them again?!

Cheers - loving rule machine (minus this!)

Feature request: addition to motion sensor: ability to only have that triggered if it’s inactive for ‘x’ minutes rather than as soon as there is no inactivity.

Only solution at this time is to completely uninstall Rule Machine and start over :frowning:

Nooooooooooooo my entire smartthings set up crumbles to the ground without it! Hope something can be done medium-term

Unfortunately, not at the moment. The only way to get rid of the bastards (HaHa) is to uninstall Rule Machine and start over. Since this seems to happening with some frequency, perhaps I will see if some other mechanism could be created to get rid of malformed rules.

Yeah. it happened to me yesterday… rebuilt all of my rules and then 2 hours later, it happened again!

@primarypete
Unruly (pun intended) children can be deleted via the IDE.
My Locations
List Smart Apps (click edit)
Find Rule Machine, then the corrupted rule.
Click the uninstall link.

If that doesn’t work, post the debug logs when trying to access the rule in question.
“you are not authorised to access the requested information” is “usually” a java null error…

1 Like

SUPERB @Mike_Maxwell !!!

Works a dream through the IDE. Cheers @bravenel too. It’s you guys that are making Smartthings work for us mere mortals with epic smartapps and decent support! Keep up the OUTSTANDING work :smile:

1 Like

New release today: