Ring Alarm released! (Integration project in post 13)

Wondering if any one else is experiencing this problem as well ? My Ring Alarm app has started giving this error since yesterday:

Ring Alarm Status check Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Gateway

I had updated to the latest code and deployed V1.2 when it happened last time. But Ring Alarm has has stopped reporting status since yesterday. I did realize that when I logged out and tried to sign back in again from Smartthing App, ring is sending me a verification code although I don’t have 2 factor authentication enabled on my Ring acct. Anyway to bypass this ?

Ring now requires two factor authentication for all accounts. You can no longer opt out. That just happened last week.

Ring now requires two factor authentication for all accounts

Im probably doing something dumb, but im working on creating a Stack on AWS, where im supposed to upload the file. I see the github link to the code, but i cant figure out how to download the .yaml file from there. can someone point me in the right direction?

The integration now requires 2FA. You’ll need to set that up in the Smart App. The bad gateway error is because you do not have 2FA setup.

You’ll need to remove the smart app and the. Re-install since Ring will have blocked the app from logging into your Ring account. This, the tokens will have expired.

Once you re-install the Smart app, turn on 2FA and follow the prompts for entering the code you get from Ring.

You can read more about this here

1 Like

Hi, I had been using your code for syncing SHM status with Ring Alarm. However I had to recently update the Ring Alarm App to V3 in order to get F2A work. Can you update your app to work with V3 as well ?

Just copy and save it on a wordpad. Set the extension of file as .yaml

Yes, I will look into it. I will incorporate the V3 changes. It will take me a few days to sycn it up.

2 Likes

Hi did you get a chance to look at it yet ? Syncing with webcore isn’t always working :frowning:

I’m using WebCore to sync and have not had any issues

Are you doing two way sync with WebCoRE ? Can you please share your code ?

HI all. I’ve added a second (Ring) location, and struggling to get the v3 integration to work with both. Out of the box, it only detects one location (turns out to be the new one). I’ve set that one up, and things are working OK.
For the second location, I’ve created another lamba instance, cloned a copy of the ring alarm smartapp, and added input parameters to the UI to provide the correct ZID and location parameters. So far so good for discovery, but…
Only discovery and SHM sync are working. I see all the sensors as child devices, but I don’t get any events from them in smartthings (logs are completely empty). Thoughts, anyone?

EDITED: I have this working, btw. Configure a separate lambda for each location - and configure each location with its corresponding location and ZID.

How do you get the ZID of the other location? I have two alarms as well.

1 Like

my integration died the past 24 hours - looking at my AWS dashboard, the calls went to 0 and the errors went high. I removed all buckets and stacks and recreated it. Entered new details into the smartapp and while ZID and location shows up, theres no alarm for me to selection in the Alarm Monitoring section. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit, sorry, after removing the entire ring devices from ST, I forgot to readd the device - all working now!

Any idea why it stopped working in the first place?

Seems like if I set the alarm to Home then quickly disarms it, the status will be stuck at “pending off” and won’t actually disarm.
No such problem if I wait until there’s a regular interval status update then disarm it.
What’s the command in webcore to force a interval status update? I tried poll, refresh status, refreshdevicestatus, updatestat. None of them actually updated the status for me.

@ajgyomber - To get the location and ZID manually, you can follow the instructions from v1 and v2 here (https://github.com/asishrs/smartthings-ringalarm/blob/master/README.md) - you essentially need to skim the returned HTML code from Ring. If you aren’t sure which is which, trial and error. I had the values saved for one location saved from my previous installation, so I knew which was which.

Location Id
  • Login to Ring Dashboard
  • location ID is shown in the URL: https:// account.ring.com/ account/app/location// <location-id>

Might be worth a try for others if yours stopped working.

I just added the Ring Alarm Manager app again without touching my original app. Input my AWS API info, went thru the 2FA and logged into the Ring Account. Clicked save and it installed the 2nd app and everything was working. Removed the original Ring Alarm Manager app. Seems to be working fine now.

it stopped working for me again. I removed both the smartapp and device then readded both, went through 2fa, etc and it still doesnt work. Everyone elses still ok?

Mines not working either. With the CoronaVirus issues going on, it may be awhile before there is any updates on this.

Both of mine stopped updating (at different times according to the events in the SmartThings IDE) a couple days ago too. I just looked at the logs on the lambdas, and they are getting connection refused errors:
dial:dial tcp :443: connect: connection refused
(Check at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch -> Logs -> log groups ->streams for lambda …

So, something is happening on the connection requests to Ring. Don’t have time to debug the lambda requests, but if someone wants to take a crack at it, I’d start there.

@dmoses1969 - Ok - it looks like the 2FA credentials somehow timed out. I deleted my credentials, re-added, and it is up and working again on both my configs.

I need to figure out a way to add a monitor to detect when it stops working, or what the timeout is… :slight_smile: