Rheem EcoNet

The furnace I have is actually a 5 speed with the setting you listed above. Usually keep it on continuous medium when not heating or cooling to keep air flow through the house. Really work quite well helping to keep things balanced and comfortable.

For the DH and app, I’ll load the updates at some point today. So far they have been working for what I have tested, Including integration into ActionTiles. I have yet to add any full on automation with it, that will come soon and I’ll provide feedback.

I am using the Rheem heat pump water heater and I have been using the ST with the EcoNet but unable to set the water heater to away mode.

Has anyone figured out how to do this with ST?

Great interface! I just got 2 Rheem Econet HVAC systems installed and started using this interface. I was trying to update the current mode (cooling/heating/auto/etc.) through the tiles and a Core piston but it doesn’t seem to be working. I saw in an earlier post that you are working on it. Has it been fixed ? Thank you.

Thanks to jjhuff and copyninja for this. Decided to take a stab at modifying it for a learning experience.
This is purely for the Water Heater (mine is electric).
Vacation mode currently doesn’t work (haven’t tracked that one down) but everything else should.

GitHub: Owner: kramttocs ; Name: ST-RheemEconet ; Branch: master

Hopefully I set all of that up correctly - was a learning experience in all aspects.

Rheem

Are you going to share the code?

I tried to get vacation mode working but have not succeeded either.

Did this not work for you?

I have my smart things hub connected to about 30 light switches in my house along with voice command with google home. i would like to use it for my thermostat ( Rheem EcoNet) along with my tankless water heater also soon to be Rheem Econet. i have been following this thread on and off for a while. was anyone able to really get this to work with smart things yet and how could i get it to work on my phone if so.

Are you referring to the HVAC or WH? Despite being similar they are separately developed (ought to have a individual thread for each really). Can you explain the ‘on my phone’ part? About everything with ST is on the phone so just a little unclear on what you are referring to.

I’m referring to both the water heater and the hvac system. The on the
phone part is be able to control the system it just change temp I get
emails if anything goes wrong.

James Mckeon
Service Manager
Mountain A/C & Heating Corp.
(516) 935-0149

Brilliant. Thank you.

This works. I have a Heat Pump model and there is another mode called “Heat Pump” that I would like to invoke. I attempted to edit your DH but can’t seem to make it work. There is some logic in the very last line that is confusing me.

sendEvent(name: “mode”, value: data.mode == “Energy Saver” ? “eco” : “performance”)

Danny

Hey.
That is telling it to set the value to ‘eco’ if the mode is Energy Saver, else set it to ‘performance’. Just shorthand logic. If there is another mode, it will need changed to address that.
If you can send me the log output that shows the other value I can added that to the DH.
Thanks

Thank you. I think “mode:Heat Pump” is what we are looking for. Log below.

3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug Got alerts: []
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug GET: [uri:https://econet-api.rheemcert.com, path:/alerts, headers:[Authorization:Bearer xxx], requestContentType:application/json, id:null]
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=1
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: info Getting Alerts…
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug Updated Device Data
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug Got data: [isLoadShiftActive:false, hasCriticalAlert:false, isNestActive:null, type:Water Heater, connectedSystem:[macAddress:74-C6-3B-CD-C0-2C], lowerTemp:90.964599609375, mode:Heat Pump, supportsUsageData:true, id:79060, scheduleType:null, inUse:true, ambientTemp:66.29167175292969, name:Heat Pump Water Heater Gen 4, vacationCanBeDisabled:true, isLoadShedActive:false, softwareVersion:WH-HPW4-H2-01-01, deviceAddress:4096, isLoadShedOpted:false, isEnabled:true, isLoadShiftOpted:false, isOnVacation:false, upperTemp:109.799560546875, subType:Heat Pump Water Heater, isConnected:true, maxSetPoint:140.0, setPoint:130.0, minSetPoint:110.0, modelNumber:XE80T10HD50U0]
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug GET: [uri:https://econet-api.rheemcert.com, path:/equipment/79060, headers:[Authorization:Bearer xxx], requestContentType:application/json]
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=1
3ed0528b-0c81-48fa-867c-b333fbab4979 7:06:27 AM: info Refreshing data…
7:06:13 AM: info Waiting on events…
7:06:13 AM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
7:06:13 AM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

ArstenA - Brian Spranger

Were you able to get your smart apps and device handlers to be able to set the mode? I see you have the button showing Energy Save Mode. Also were you able to pull the current temperatures?
What version of EcoNet do you have? I am looking for the api’s to be able see the temperatures and be able to change the mode’s on a schedule.

Thanks!
I made some very quick changes that I PM’d you to try.
I tried these changes on my electric WH but since it didn’t like the Heat Pump mode it got stuck in Performance (because the button loops through them).
I’d be interested to know if yours successfully loops through all 3 with the log correctly showing the expected mode when the data is returned (just like you provided above).

What really needs done is to only show the modes available. I haven’t checked to see if the valid options are available through the api or if we are going to have to base them on the (maybe?) ‘subType’ value since yours shows Heat Pump and mine shows Electric. I would also like a different way of changing them instead of a button that loops. Seems unnecessary to set the WH to modes that you don’t want to just in order to get to the next mode you do want.

Open to ideas on that.

I cannot read the actual temperature.

I usually just leave it in ECO mode and then change the set point if we are home, away, or at certain times of day.

I cannot set away mode, so I change the set point. I have a “switch” that indicates if the water Heater is heating. Not sure if that really works.

I have just been happy i can control the setpoint.

Thank you for the reply, I didn’t see the bottom most comments and ended up going with kramttocs base as it was a little further along so i can use that for a jumping off point.

kramttocs - Scott - are you able to send me the updates or post the changes on GitHub? I would like to see the latest if possible to use to start and see if I can assist with furthering it. I am trying to get the mode changes functionality to work in smart things, then work on scheduling mode changes based on time of when i know the demand is higher and energy saver mode will not keep up for the next shower.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Jason,
I don’t want to post these Heat Pump mode changes on GitHub yet because I can’t validate them and would like Daniel to confirm they work first. Even then it needs some changes so that the DH can knows which modes are supported for the users WH type and doesn’t try to set modes that aren’t applicable. Do you have a Heat Pump unit?

I have the nybrid heat pump / electric model. the one listed on home depot site with 4 different mode options in the Rheem app. Energy Saver, Heat Pump, High Demand, and electric mode. I think it is exactly what you are working on. I can do the testing and possibly be able to add more to it.