Replacing Hub v1 with an upgrade

I have a SmartThings Hub v1 which has been getting more and more unreliable over the past few months. It is to the point I need to reboot it at least once a week as most devices don’t respond. I have been looking into replacing/upgrading the hub but as I have discovered, it appears SmartThings does not sell a simple hub any longer. They appear to have replaced it with a SmartThings WiFi router/hub combo ET-WV525BWEGUS.

I already have a Linksys Mesh network and do not want to replace it with the Samsung SmartThings Mesh network so my question is can the ET-WV525BWEGUS be configured as a hub only (disabling the WiFi functionality).

Does anyone know who to integrate the WiFi router/hub into an existing Mesh network?

Thanks

If you want to wait several more months, the hubs should be back in stock by Q2 2021 I believe. They will be rebranded as Aeotec Smart Home hubs.

or Q1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m assuming that there is no ability to migrate from V1, meaning that I’d basically have to start all over again :sweat:

I’m assuming that there is no ability to migrate from V1, meaning that I’d basically have to start all over again :sweat:

Not at the moment. I’m in the same situation and it’s discouraging.

1 Like

Well, if there hasn’t been a migration yet, there won’t be one. The mere thought of manually resetting up my home sends shivers down my spine.