[REMOVED] Nest Manager 2.0

Overall SHM monitors works well for me, only issue is a delay disarming 1 out of every 15 or so times.

Iā€™m unfortunately having many issues now. Because I didnā€™t come here and read this first, I tried to re-auth my app because it wasnā€™t setting my modes. I now cannot click on my nest in smart apps, just spins and never goes to the settings page. Now getting errors and canā€™t remove either to try and start over.

More than likely going to have to have support remove it all, but seeing if anyone has any other ideas first. Iā€™ve removed all smartapps from it but Iā€™m just stuck.

5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:57:03 AM: error updateChildData Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '4pba68Pk3xtoI0tuzocmmcn7UfMulpEX' on null object
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:57:03 AM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=1
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:57:03 AM: info updateChildData()
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:57:03 AM: info No Device or Structure poll - Devices Last Updated: 404 seconds ago... | Structures Last Updated 60 seconds ago...
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:56:49 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'postal_code' on null object
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:56:49 AM: info Protects: Found 0 ([:])
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:56:49 AM: info Thermostats: Found 0 ([:])
5ae71239-c3d3-4ace-b6ef-dec225512fb8  12:56:49 AM: info Locations: Found 0 ([:])

You can try removing it from the IDE under My Locations->Installed SmartApps then click edit.

The error looks like the postal code is not set. @tonesto7 is there a workaround?

Iā€™m not in front of my pc. Once I get back to my desk I will take a look

I actually already tried this. Tried from Home > Smartapps as well because I got the dreaded ā€œcannot delete because this item is in use by one or more usersā€ or something like that. I put everything back, but still canā€™t access the actual settings. Itā€™s easy enough to set up again, I just canā€™t get it to delete. I think itā€™s maybe the child object that is locking it?

Not sure, but I should have known better than to try and re-auth while clearly there was issues going on :wink:

if you go under the smart apps tab of all of your nest devices are there any apps using them?

I had a similar issue. Every once in a while things get out of sync. Support fixed me up, it did take about half a day for them to delete it from the back end.

Okay, I kind of assumed Iā€™d have to get on them and just have them force it. Is everything seemingly back to normal for Nest Manager otherwise, or Nest API? I really just seemed to have my automations not triggering so now have put back to nest app until resolved.

I have not had any issues, so I think it may only certain people. Once you reinstall I would just go for it.

While you reach out to support you may want them to check you zip. I am guessing in the IDE your postal code is blank.

1 Like

the latest release should use nestā€™s zipcode if the smartthing location is missing

I just noticed Iā€™m getting lots of error messages in Live Logging. Any thoughts?

Was this a direct upgrade or did you reinstall with version 2.0?

I deleted everything and did a complete reinstall.

Iā€™m not sure it looks like it canā€™t see a deviceā€¦ This is definitely not a common error.

I didnā€™t notice them earlier today but I did rename the device after initial set-up through the IDE.

if you only changed the label then you should be fine but if you edited the device network id it will screw up the communication

Yeah I just switched it back and the errors are gone. Thanks for talking me through it.

Iā€™m new here and really appreciate the work done by community members. I have tried going through the posts to find my answer and actually found someone with the same problem but then he just posted that he fixed it without sharing how.

So here is my problem. With the Nest Weather when I see it in My Things list it appears to update the temperature, but when I look at the actual Nest Weather screen it never updates.
Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Smartthings changed the cacheing for HTML Tile a couple weeks ago. So the Device handler will update whenever the cache is cleared.

We have new version in the Next release that is not cached. Should be out soon.

I just installed 4 remote temp/motion sensors in each bedroom. I guess i misunderstood how Nest Manager treats remote sensors. I was kind of hoping Nest Manager would grab the average temp across each room along with the Nest thermostat temp and use that as current temp Nest uses to decide to heat or cool. Kind of like Ecobee uses its remote sensors. But it seems the way it currently is implemented in Nest Manager it basically bypasses the Nest scheduling algorithms and uses a set temp point. Is there no way to have the best of both worlds? Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having a Nest thermostat in my opinion. I love everything it does except that it only collects temp data from the hallway and not the areas where we sleep. Any ideas or workarounds?