Remote unlock or key fob

I’m looking for something that I can use to unlock a door that works better than the presence sensors. Is there some kind of remote control button that I can keep with me and press to unlock my schlage lock or maybe a key fob?

Aeon Panic button or Minimote should do the trick.

Thanks Andrew. Are these choices better than the Aeotec Z-Wave Key Fob? Are they simple to set up?

@alucard76 they are actually the same Aeon Labs is Aeotec. They are pretty simple to set up. Check out this thread where someone got it connected.

http://build.smartthings.com/forums/topic/z-wave-controllers/

But the panic button you mentioned has a single button, whereas the 2 others seem to have more than 1 button

@alucard76 yup the four buttons work as well :slight_smile:

And the last annoying question, I promise. Which one is my best option for simply pressing a button to lock/unlock my front door?

Waiting on your answer before I click “buy now”

@alucard76 I think the best one would be the panic button. It’s the most simple :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s all provided that the button has no range issues.

Thank you

Hi Andrew
well, I bought them all! I agree that the panic button is the simplest concept. Problem is, I don’t know how to set it up to work to both lock and unlock my schlage touchscreen deadbolt

Hello?

@alucard76 sorry I didn’t see this thread! We’ll have a button controller SmartApp released this week!

No worries Andrew, thanks. Will this app make the set up a lot easier? Cause now it’s a bit confusing and complicated. Is there a way I can get a step by step walkthrough?

@alucard76 setup will be much easier. We’ll have a knowledgebase entry and a blog post outlining it.

Hi everybody - I’m looking for a more affordable alternative to the Aeotec 4 button key fob. Lowe’s carries the Iris Key Fob and others have mentioned that some Iris devices may also work with SmartThings (hopefully it’s not a proprietary Zigbee implementation). The key fob is less than $20 and can be found here:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_388559-41166-KEY903_0__?productId=3735307

Thanks for any advice!

Matthew,

That device isn’t compatible to my knowledge. Iris uses a proprietary ZigBee configuration.

Thanks