Reliable Motion Sensor

So what is the consensus on the most reliable z wave/zigbee motion sensor. I originally was going to use my existing alarm motion sensors, but they are RF and not wired so I cannot integrate them into my NODEMCU board like the rest of the alarm system.

Since these are for security I want something that is reliable with the least possible false positives. I know some of the detectors have temperature and other features, this would be welcomed but not at the cost of the motion reliability.

I own Go Control, Iris and Xiaomi motion sensors. Once connected, they have all been equally as reliable, But I’ve also never had any z-wave or zigbee mesh issues. This is most likely one of those YMMV sceanrios

I like the Iris. It responds really quick and has given me no problems.

From what I have been reading it seems alot of people are happy with the Iris. Range should not be an issue because I have z wave plus switches all over the house and the hub will be on the same floor as the motion detectors. Plus my house has a very open concept floor plan.

I also like the Iris motion sensors, they work for me and they are so small they pass the spouse acceptance factor test in my house.

I like the EcoLink w/ Pet Immunity, so i don’t get false positives. I’ve used Iris, ST v1, ST v2, ST v3, Monoprice, Ecolink and the Ecolink seems to be the best w/ false positives when i have it w/ the pet immunity. The other ones, I don’t get a LOT of false positives but i do get them occasionally.

FYI the iris motion sensors use zigbee, so your z-wave plus switches won’t repeat any signals to/from the motion sensors.

True, I may look into those EcoLink ones also. Amazon has a good return policy anyways if I have issues. .

Do the Iris detectors also act as extenders for Zigbee? I want to install some outdoor path lights and was looking at the below lights but I have no other Zigbee devices and not sure the signal would be reliable enough from the Hub through an exterior wall.

Edit: Or if someone knows something similar to the Lightyify system that is Z wave, they do not need to be RGB, just LED is fine.

They are battery powered, so no. You could get he iris outlet or another mains powered zigbee device to extend the mesh.

I figured that was the case. I may try out the lightfy system and see if it works can always return it to amazon. I only have 1 wall plus the exterior wall that the signal would need to pass through. I also live on a very interior lot, so there are no signals around basically except from my house.

any preference on sensor for a house with a 40 lbs dog?

You can try positioning sensors such that they don’t pick up motion closer to the floor. Or looking for sensors with adjustable sensitivity, often advertised as “pet-immune.”