[RELEASE] Tasmota (Connect) for Sonoff, Tuya, SmartLife & other ESP8266 devices)

If the IR data is the same for ON & OFF, then it doesn’t know whether it’s on or off state.

Use the built-in ST automations or Smart Lighting. Or use Webcore.

No. It doesn’t support wifi sensors.

Reflash from the backups.

1 Like

I try with this guide, https://github.com/yaourdt/tasmota-to-mgos but not work for me unfortunately

Hi @hongtat, I saw in my IDE many errors like this in the picture. All on Shelly devices with Tasmota (shelly1, shelly 2rgbw, and shelly 1pm) not all, just some, but these errors are repeated cyclically and I don’t know what they could depend on

Can you update the Tasmota Connect codes to the latest (if isn’t), and let me know the device type of the error please.

Hi, @hongtat,
the smartapp it’s already update
The error in the shelly1, shelly1pm, shelly PlugS and Shelly rgbw2 (all the type)
I report all the errors found in the log in the last hour, divided by device type. All Tasmota with latest firmware available. If there is anything else I can do to help you identify the problem, ask and I will definitely:

Shelly PlugS

Shelly 1PM

Shelly 1

Shelly2

I hope @hongtat i hope this report will help to understand the origin of theproblem:

1. I deleted all shelly tasmota devices from smartapp and left only the 3 devices I had previously (ex tuya now tasmota)
  2. I verified that there were no more errors in the IDE
  3. I started re-inserting all the tasmot shellys one by one using the smartapp and I checked the IDE for errors.
    No error messages until the 14th Shelly is inserted (therefore 17 total tasmota devices)

From the insertion of the 15th Shelly the errors started, but not only in the last one inserted, but on all the devices already inserted, exactly like the errors indicated in my previous message

I have inserted a total of 28 tasmota devices (25 are Shelly) and the errors appear in the ide exactly as before on all devices.

I notice my devices are not as instantaneous as I hoped, can my delays be linked to these errors?

Hi

Wanted to first say that this has been working flawlessly with just about all my Tasmota devices. I am running into a problem with only of them - the RF Bridge. I frequently get the error below, and of course, in these cases, it does not trigger the event.:

19:40:37 RUL: RFRECEIVED#DATA performs “WebSend [192.168.0.xx:39500] /?json={“RfReceived”:{“Data”:“xxxxxx”}}”
19:40:42 RSL: stat/tasmota_C2867F/RESULT = {“WebSend”:“Connect failed”}
19:40:42 RUL: RFRECEIVED#RFKEY performs “WebSend [192.168.0.xx:39500] /?json={“RfReceived”:{“RfKey”:“NONE”}}”
19:40:47 RSL: stat/tasmota_C2867F/RESULT = {“WebSend”:“Connect failed”}

(Obfuscated the IP and Sonoff Code)

Any help appreciated.

Hi there

I have +25 wall switches and sensors (zigbee and Z-Wave) on my Smartthings setup and i want to use it as my home automation “brain”.

I’ve flashed tasmota on a couple of Zemismart WiFi Curtain Switch and its working good with timers configurated.

I think tasmota connect is the exact missing piece for advanced users to implement Tasmota on ST devices but once I installed it, noticed it doesn’t have blind/shutter device handler. It works perfectly fine as a dual switch.
For example, I have 4 windows shutters in my house, so I have 8 switches on ST that control the up and down relays, but not the fine tune in percentage.

I wonder if it is possible to create a device handler for shutter functions in tasmota, with “shutterposition1 (x)” command? Similar to a window blind control in ST

I also have a roller shade / blind controlled by tasmota.
A tasmota (connect) device handler for ST would be great

Hi guys,

I have added a simple 25V DC sensor to the analog pin of an ESP-12F that I am using with a bunch of relays in an arcade machine I am building. I flashed it with the tasmota-sensor variant.

Is there any device handlers that can read from the measurement from the analog0 pin? Or a way to configure Tasmota so an existing handler can be used?

I’m not too bothered about it having configuration to read the voltage accurately, I am just trying to detect if power is present (i.e. is a device powered on?).

Thanks in advance

Slatty

Hello,

I managed to get everything working with the integration, however the smartthings app seems to overwrite some rules that have been preprogrammed into the sonoff tasmota wall switch. How can I prevent this from happening?

Hi Tan, first of all, thank you for creating this great app. I have a power strip with power monitoring and was able to add it Smartthings. Is there a way I can add the power monitoring in all 3 switches? Right now it just shows up on the first switch of the power strip.

Thanks

Curtains, Shutters and Shades are not supported yet.

This app is using Rule 1 & 2. Use Rule3 for your rules.

This is not supported. I think it may be possible to use rules to map the measurements to on/off, and use a generic switch to read the status.

Does it come with individual or only single power monitoring?

2 Likes

It monitors and displays the consumption for all the plugs as a whole.

I’m experiencing the same issue. Have you found any solutions?

Nope, sorry.

I spent some time last night playing around with this. And while not a 100% solution, reverting to an older version of tasmota (8.3/8.4) seems to help. Websend will connect most of the time on those builds vs almost never on the newser 9.x builds. Hope that helps.

Hi there,

This code has been excellent for helping me integrate a handful of devices into Smartthings thank you!

I’m struggling a little with the syntax for virtual button to trigger an IRSend to a device from an ir bridge. I’ve been monitoring the live logging of the IDE and the console of the bridge and it works great with a switch, but I’m not really getting any feedback from the button.
Unfortunately, a button is more in line with what I’m trying to do. Is there something specific i need to execute that?

Thanks!

Virtual button can only receive IR/RF code. It doesn’t send IR/RF code.

Thanks for tip. Unfortunately, I did not see any real difference on the older firmware.