[RELEASE] Neato (Connect) V1.2.6c (Botvac Connected Series)

No it’s not - this is still (VERY) prototype code.

@cscheiene - I see you commented out the network, bin and status attributes?

Yes that’s because those attributes are included in the custom capabilities.

1 Like

I suspected - but don’t have the CLI installed on my work PC to check. :slight_smile:

I’m looking at a few tricks to make the custom actions apply without requiring blowing away the devices. Will let you know if any work.

Hi, sorry, what is CLI? I’m not a developper, I’m just a curious person who tries to make do with home automation as much as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great that this stuff can be added to the new smart app. I would love for zone cleaning integration if at all possible?

1 Like

CLI: Command Line Interface: It’s one of the tools you use to create / build / publish custom capabilities and presentations.

It’s the part we’ re going to have to use to fill the second part of the functionality being asked from - such as the ask from @dlfranks

For those following along in the home game: here’s the most distilled way to summarize this issue. Samsung as part of the transition created standard device capabilities, and pre-build the way they show up in the app for these standard capabilities. They’ve provided a ‘Robot Vacuum’ in this class if you want to use those capabilities and features defined for a robot vacuum in your UI - just add the relevant pieces in (usually it means bending to their naming convention) and poof there you go as long as you’re ok with what they give you for a UI. (This is how the latest edits give you that cool vacuum icon.

As you can imagine you’re going to run into a capability that isn’t in the default kit. The CLI and custom capability/presentation beta is SmartThings replacing that missing functionality. It’s VERY beta and isn’t entirely predictable yet. (Why you’re seeing devs test by trial and error, asking what you see and gathering the info) Things like custom buttons, picking zones, displaying the cleaning map will all require custom capabilities. This is what @cscheiene is adding in his post up above… (And part of my ask to him, you need the tools I noted to read what’s in these custom capabilities)

As devs figure out how to implement more advanced tings like buttons with labels, and a window to pull in a picture with the custom capabilities… You’ll see more added…

1 Like

I have 2 Neato D7’s and I’m fully willing to beta test. I’m also the beta manager for my software company. If you’ve already got it under control, no hard feelings. I’m just trying to be helpful on an integration that I care about.

2 Likes

VERSION HISTORY

• 09-12-2020: 1.15 - New Smartthings UI. Thanks to @cscheiene for the work.

Is it possible to have the icon that identifies the activity or standby status, as for the other Smartthings icons? It is now off, but the icon highlights it as if it were on
Thank :wink:

3 Likes

I could only do this if I had the switch capability on the main page. If I find a way to do it I will update the presentation

3 Likes

Hi @cscheiene !
Could you share code of capabilities you added ?

capability “islandtravel33177.neatoBin”
capability “islandtravel33177.neatoNetwork”
capability “islandtravel33177.neatoStatus”
capability “islandtravel33177.neatoDockStatus”
capability “islandtravel33177.neatoCharging”
capability “islandtravel33177.neatoStatusMsg”

Thanks a lot for you great work !

When I try to add my neato connected I get an error saying “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again”. This has happened multiple times. Each time it does create a new device, but when I press on nothing happens. When I reopen the app it just takes me back to the config screen where you select your neato botvac.
Happens on wi-fi and mobile data, my smartthings app can control other devices successfully and I can control my botvac from the neato app so I know it is connected as well.

only modifying metadata makes it work ?
how do the relation between events and attributes are done when the attribute/capability is renamed ?

or should we get the full DTH code from somewhere ?

Is there any way for me to trigger my D7 to clean a particular zone?

1 Like

Hello everyone. It is only a year and a half that I have dived into the world of smartthings. is I’ve been using the neato integration recently. My only doubt was about the refresh rate of the state. Let me explain better, I have the robot that has cleaning set up during my working hours, so with an active alarm. but when the cleaning starts, it invites you to activate the perimeter mode as per the app, the alarm starts. only if I open smartthing and then the robot updates the status. it’s normal I can fix it in some way. eh sorry my bad english.

I just installed this smart app to control my D7. First, I just wanted to state how great a job the developers did. Neato states that the only way to control a D7 and have No-Go lines enabled is through their app and you guys have overcome that.

I do have one question about how this smart app works with IFTTT integration.

1. Obviously turning a neato on starts it on a cleaning mission. However, when you turn it off is that a stop command or a pause command?

2. I’m trying to coordinate vacuuming with other actions in my smart home through IFTTT. What I want to know is when the vacuum has finished cleaning so I can trigger other actions in the home. If SmartThings tells IFTTT that the vacuum is off then is that a definitive notification that cleaning is complete? What happens if someone uses the neato app to pause the vacuum because, for example, they are talking on the phone? What happens if the vacuum gets stuck? Again, just trying to definitively know when the vacuum is finished cleaning and has returned to the dock.

Thanks in advance for the help

I don’t seem to be getting any response to my question so I’ll try phrasing this as a feature request for @Alyc100.

Right now the smart app acts like a switch and only exposes an on/off status. Is it possible to change it to represent a dimmer that would maintain the on/off status output but also include an analog output that could represent that status of the vacuum. For example, 100% might mean running, 0% docked/mission complete, 10% mission in progress but currently docked and recharging, etc. Then people could take other actions in their smart home based on the status of the vacuum.

Thanks

I’m absolutely not a fan of this idea - I mean - I get what you’re after, but I’m not a fan of corrupting capabilities and attributes to represent something unrelated… Instead I’d suggest this (which is more in line with the way the platform is moving)

Considering this DTH is not a Zwave or Zigbee device and relies on Groovy and the Groovy IDE’s day’s are numbered - (within a year), most people aren’t to keen on putting much dev effort into this solution right now.

BUT - if someone wanted to - You should be able to implement the standard capabilities: Robot Cleaner Cleaning mode: SmartThings Developers | Documentation (samsung.com)
and
Robot Cleaner Movement:SmartThings Developers | Documentation (I just looked - it’s not in the DTH right now)

Implementing those ‘should’ provide attributes that are accessible in Automations as a trigger. Then you could use that to turn on a switch, set security mode, or trigger whatever off platform thing you want through IFTTT… Much cleaner than messing with the level attribute and adding something that shouldn’t be there.

You’re right @nathancu. If the driver implemented the robot cleaner capabilities it would certainly be a better direction. I was simply thinking in terms of an incremental improvement that wouldn’t impact current users who may be using the current “switch” implementation. Thanks

Hello. Has this / will this be updated to include the D8/D9/D10??
Ive been toying with a D7 for a while but the recently released their new ones.

Thanks

EDIT: problem solved without making any changes to the smartapp
Everything has been perfect for over a year … for a couple of days my D5 no longer starts automatically in the morning when we leave the house, I don’t know if it’s a problem with the smartapp or simply my problem. I am asking here to understand if others have this problem. Thanks