RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)

Is this working in ST ver 2? I couldn’t find the way to add a device manually from code now in the IDE since I moved to ver 2… This was a really useful app for me.

GOOD NEWS!
I can confirm that the Muzo Cobblestone device works with your Generic Media Renderer! The problems I was having earlier were due to a new router being installed with my new service provider that didn’t handle UPNP traffic. I tried to enable it but couldn’t get it going.
Now I need to update to your latest version of the player code, but I’m wondering how I can use this to do things other than play music from my DLNA server. What I want to be able to do is to trigger a specific sound (like a dog barking or a siren sound) based on some other events. Anyone done this?
Thanks!
-pat

1 Like

Sorry to bother you @ule. Did you release update? I still can’t discover private dancer.

Hi @Patrick_Callahan, You need to install any smartapp to send events to Mediarenderer/Sonos you can try “sonos notify with sound” you can find it in your smart app in music and sound section , or you can use my new mediarenderer events, you must to install it from code

https://github.com/SmartThingsUle/DLNA-PLAYER/blob/master/Readme_MediaRenderer_Events.md

Hi @plantucha, You don´t bother me, Private dancer and other software Mediarederers don´t send the LastChange events like hardware Mediarenderers, this cause the status not to be accurate, I´m working to increase the refresh rate in this mediarenderers, today I´m going to update the connect and device

HI @loz, I don´t have the ver 2 hub, Someone can confirm the IDE to install smartapps and Devices works in V2 Hubs?

IDE to install smartapps and devices works exactly the same for hub v2 as it does for hub v1 (only difference is the “manage my hub” page that has more info and utilities)

Hi @pizzinini, Thanks for your donation , It´s the fist donation I receive it, Thanks a lot.

Not to get off topic but how do you like the Muzo? I was looking at these to stream my music over two floors/4 different rooms.

@pizzinini I can’t seem to add a new device from code anymore

I think you want to add a new “device type” from code. not a “device”.

Either you got 2x donations in same time or you just gave credit to wrong man :smiley:

Hi @plantucha, Thanks for your donation, I´m glad you like the project, Thanks a lot for supporting it

Great project, thanks Ule! I’m experiencing delays and or out right failures on some commands being sent and not sure if its my cheap budget Android phone, ST Hub V2 or the UPNP app. Would purchasing a DLNA/Media Renderer device that has been posted earlier in this thread be more accurate or efficient than the Android app?

Hi @rjt246, The smartthings platform have problems, the commands are launched twice, this can crash some mediarenderers, I hope smartthings fix this problem soon.

You can try to increase the delay between actions to avoid crash with this double commands.

Android apps works fine, but some do not send the status to device type correctly, I´m working to patch this, I hope to launch this patch today.

I have test some old android phones (v 2.2) with private dancer and works great (still patching the refresh status), it does not have metadata to show the message or track info, but, it can play all music and sound I have send it, if you have android 4.1 and up, you can try upnp monkey, it works great too

I have test bubble but it crash frequently

what mediarenderer app for android are you using?

Im using UPNPlay on Android Ver.4.2.2. I will try UPNP Monkey. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for all your work. I followed the steps and added my Squeezebox Boom. However only the Stop and mute commands work, and it crashes my Smartthings app within seconds. I’ve tried it on android and ios and it has the same crash issue. Any clue as to what I need to do to fix it?

It started crashing lately, i belive it has to do something with platform update. Smartthings going to release soon new mobile app addressing some stability issues, so maybe this one too. Also @ule is working on refresh device update so it will be fixed eventualy.

Hi @dbk, I have release an update a hour ago, are you using the last update?

could you verify in the logs what problem show?

Thanks

Hi @plantucha, I have realese an update an hour ago, could you verify if your android devices works fine, thanks