[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

Stupid question time.
You are creating a DH not a SmartApp.
It has been known. (I’ve done it :grin:).

3 Likes

I paste from RAW, so it should all be OK:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/codersaur/SmartThings/master/devices/fibaro-flood-sensor/fibaro-flood-sensor.groovy

Video on how I do it:

Thank you very much! :blush:

Hi, did you figure this out? I’m not seeing Attribute as an option in CoRE either.

That’s it, thanks!

I have issue with Fibaro Dimmer 2 v3.3, it works fine after inclusion with no issue till i restart the HUB or power off/on then it never works , i have to exclude and re-include again to get it to work again,

1. I tried Zwave Network Repair and no errors appears
  2. My Dimmer is one meter away from the HUB and works great and responsive until I restart the HUB
  3. I even tried to remove all my devices,DH,apps and factory reset my HUB and started my network over and still the same issue happened
  4. The same behavior happens with standard DH “Zwave Multichannel Device”, “Fibaro Dimmer”, “ Secure Dimmer” and even Custom few Device handlers I tried, works great till a restart
  5. all other zwave device are working fine with no issues
  6. after hub restart the dimmer is not responding to on/off or set level, while i still can see (on the IDE Log) the device sends data

b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:17:07 PM: info New sensor reading: Name: power, Value: 0.0, Unit: W
b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:17:07 PM: trace zwaveEvent(): SensorMultilevelReport received: SensorMultilevelReport(precision: 1, scale: 0, scaledSensorValue: 0.0, sensorType: 4, sensorValue: [0, 0], size: 2)
b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:17:07 PM: trace zwaveEvent(): CRC-16 Encapsulation Command received: Crc16Encap(checksum: 31195, command: 5, commandClass: 49, data: [4, 34, 0, 0])
b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:17:07 PM: trace parse(): Parsing raw message: zw device: 13, command: 5601, payload: 31 05 04 22 00 00 79 DB
b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:16:59 PM: info New meter reading: Accumulated Energy: 0.24 kWh
b88ea5c2-214c-40ff-9d75-4662fe6ca49a 5:16:59 PM: trace zwaveEvent(): Meter Report received: MeterReport(deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, meterValue: [0, 0, 0, 24], precision: 2, previousMeterValue: [0, 0, 0, 0], rateType: 1, scale: 0, scale2: false, scaledMeterValue: 0.24, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.00, size: 4)

Plz help
-BR Shabrawy

I can’t add this via Github so had to copy and paste the code. I add the repo through settings and then choose Update Repo but the “Update From Repo — SmartThings (master)” screen never has anything to select in it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like

Thanks for this driver! Here is a little problem I’m facing. Even though I triggered autocalibration a few times, my light turns on only if I set brightness up to 99%. If I set it to 100% it turns only for 2-3 seconds then goes back to off and ‘Vaultage Fault’ message appears in the app. I tried to manually set the min-max levels but in this case, no matter what I set there the switch doesn’t work at all. It turns on for a second and then goes back to off. Any ideas? This switch has been working very well before with the same bulb on OpenHab.

I tried your suggestion but no luck. The values detected were 1 and 70. I set them manually for parameters 1 and 2. Still, setting brightness to 100% causes a voltage fault error (voltage drop detected).

I have seen autocalibration setting the parameters a little to high, have you tried lowering the value and see of it works ok then?

yes I have tried to lower it to some random values. The relay goes crazy in that case. Blinks and goes on and off randomly in this case.

The values I get after auto-cal are 1 and 70. No, it doesn’t work even before re-opening the preferences page.
No, the bulbs aren’t the same. I will try swapping the bulbs, auto-calibrate and see if it’s ok, but I guess it will. I guess the problem is smartthings+bulb related, because the same bulb with the same fibary relay was working fine before with openhab.

Yes, I do get the same fault

i have 2 banks of lights in my lounge running a fibaro dimmer 2 each. bank 1 has a total draw of 150w (3 x 50w) halogen and 2 x mi light led all gu10.
My second bank has 400w ( 8 x 50w )

my second bank blows out on 100% as expected as the fibaro dimmer will only carry a total of 250W.
My first bank has always been fine. i found that altering the maximum brightness using tweaker and changing fibaro parameter 16 to 0 (burnt out bulb detection off) parameter 19 is forced maximum brightness and work on a percentage, i kept lowering bank 2 until i reached 58% where it no longer banks out and works great. if you google the dimmer manual you will find all parameters that can be changed through tweaker. hope this helps. i have 4 x of these dimmers and apart from a small issue on one of them they work flawless for me. i have modified my existing light switches using small springs making them momentary as the UK options for switches are quite ugly and if i hold the switch down the lights dim up and then back down until i release. double click put to my tweaker set max percentage using parameters.
hope it helps

on the

pic the first strip down of 5x ar 3x 50w and 2 x mi light then all the others are 50w each. idealey i would like to swap all out for led 6w gu10 but thats a lot of bulbs and there dear so im trying the mi light (blue ones) but not enjoying the 3rd party running app.
good shout on adding extra dimmer so i would be running 3 x dimmers. more money, grrr.

going to spilt the 3 strips. your right im relying on there buit in safety… not happy now.

1 Like

@zcapr17

Thanks for this all all your other efforts on here! :grin:

Please, Please could you rename your GitHub folders etc. to allow us to have proper integration?

Thanks,

Mark.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve installed the device handler from github and edited my device settings to use this specific handler. When I try to turn on lights via the ST app, they get stuck on “TurningOn” status. Any ideas?

Cheers
Stijn

Thx for the suggestion. Tried this. Same issue. Rebooted my hub - doesn’t seem to help either.